Sunday funday

Just curious. How often and how heavy of towing do you do, Snox?
That's incredidle longevity either way but I'd be especially impressed if you tow frequently and/or heavy loads.
Was the engine or trans ever gone through in those miles?
I tried to talk my wife into an ecoboost but she doesn't want that big an outfit.
So when I picked it up I drove it straight to Livernois Motorsport. Went from 302whp to 489whp and a bunch more trq. That was at 300miles. So that whole time I was at increased power. I drag raced it 2 time a year with about 20 passes each time. But as said it was my work truck. So I hauled about 40 percent of those miles. All over the country mostly through the mountains of the Appalachians. Few time a year to CO.

Mostly with a 32' enclosed car trailer. I really shouldn't say this but I've rolled across the scale several times at the scrap yard with well over 20k lbs. of computers in the trailer. Now keep in mind I was not hauling the mail with this weight as it's still a half ton. But it had zero issues up the long grades. I can only hope my new one has as much durability as the last one.

I agree that the economics side of the equation point to the gassers being the better option for most. It all depends on the frequency and size of the load.

In Victors example, the load he pulls with his F250 would be a no-go behind the half ton so the comparison in mileage is really apples to oranges.

I have 2 diesels and a gasser, all heavy 3/4 ton or one ton. Which one I grab depends entirely on what I'm pulling.
When I'm pulling our 28' fifthwheel camper the Cummins doesnt seem to notice it's back there. The gasser would struggle on even the smallest hill.
I'm not sure it would struggle at all. Yes any grass that's not turbod. But I can say a 28' fifth wheel would not even slow down an ecoboost.

When I got my first diesel in 2001 , fuel cost $1.31 a gallon for years . Then when it jumped up it only keep on going . Which is kind of funny because it is a by product .
I think it's cause everyone thought they were cool and now you see people driving them as daily commuters instead of what they are made for. I have an aunt and uncle who bought one just for That. They can't stop telling everyone how they wouldn't believe the power it has. And it's gonna last 500k. I laugh because at that time my dad had the same truck so yes we knew the power. Second. We live in Michigan so no truck is gonna make it 500k.

Yeah the box rotted and was replaced with a flat bed . Doors and rockers getting bad but my best friend owns a bodyshop so it will last a while !

Attachments

• IMG_3153.jpeg
    IMG_3153.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 16