Sunday fun day…..

bfarms

Well it's cold, muddy and raining here in ky. Figured I'd stay in the warm shop today, and do some winter maintenance.. Poor kitty was running a fever. 🥵 Any b model cat gurus in here? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_4179.png
    IMG_4179.png
    293.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4170.jpeg
    IMG_4170.jpeg
    378.6 KB · Views: 74
I'm definitely not a guru but we have a 3406c model tore down that was really bad like that,every piston was cracked ,getting rebuild kit tomorrow or Tuesday and gonna have to install a new head along with new turbo

I'm definitely not a guru but we have a 3406c model tore down that was really bad like that,every piston was cracked ,getting rebuild kit tomorrow or Tuesday and gonna have to install a new head along with new turbo
Every piston in this one is cracked also lol. Ran fine, just was getting compression in the radiator. I knew the stock pistons wouldn't last but I woulda thought it woulda had some crank case pressure showing its face at that point.

This one came to shop with a misfire n customer didn't know why n we started into it n found dropped valve right away…. I'm being told the piston cracking is a fuel timing issue causing excessive heat from delayed firing so idk

Attachments

• IMG_1378.jpeg
    IMG_1378.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1377.jpeg
    IMG_1377.jpeg
    419.6 KB · Views: 22
Every piston in this one is cracked also lol. Ran fine, just was getting compression in the radiator. I knew the stock pistons wouldn't last but I woulda thought it woulda had some crank case pressure showing its face at that point.
Getting compression in radiator would suggest possible injector cup leakage and /or cracked head from what I'm learning

Getting compression in radiator would suggest possible injector cup leakage and /or cracked head from what I'm learning
I know what's caused mine to crack pistons. Lots of fuel and air on stock pistons and I don't like getting passed. I haven't checked liner protrusion but more than likely a liner has dropped and wiped out the head gasket. Could be a cracked head but I threw it in the scrap so I didn't waste time to check it. Just gonna counter bore, new liners and slap some steel pistons in. Kinda like going from hornady to lapua brass lol

Last edited:
This one came to shop with a misfire n customer didn't know why n we started into it n found dropped valve right away…. I'm being told the piston cracking is a fuel timing issue causing excessive heat from delayed firing so idk
Man that dropped valve seat hole is ugly lol