SARAH PALIN'S ALASKA, TLC Sunday 8/9C

I can understand taking 5 shots at a moose. Sometimes when you shoot em they dont know they been shot. They will just stand there and look at you even though their heart and lungs are lying 20 feet on the other side of em. Takes a big animal like a moose a while to figure out he is dead, I have seen that many, many times.
Then other times of course they are dead right there right now. Moose are courious critters for sure. No excuse for not re-checking zero though, or using another rifle. Sometimes you do not want to fire your rifle in your hunting area. If she had rechecked her zero she might have scared off the moose she was finally able to shoot.

Cheers & Tighter Groups: Eaglesnester

Except:

It wasn't a moose, her detractors got it wrong.

It appeared they had time to check zero long before the saw that Caribou later on.

:cool:

Watched the show last night with the Gosselin clan, the kids were having a blast and Kate stood under the tarp and bi%#@ the whole time ,Sarah can also handle a shotgun rather well too.

I watched the show last night both this weeks and last, last week she did miss five times BUT if you were watching the whole show her FATHER was carring the rifle and FELL going down hill to were the Caribou were at so it,s possible that the fall messed up the scope as when her father was shooting at the paper plate he missed every time.

I like the show, though she does come off as a bit of a ditz at times. It is ashame Todd does not seem to have any political aspirations, I think after watching this show I would rather see him as the Palin president.

I would take her as president any day though. I think it is past time to try something different. Like a fairly normal person in the job who is not afraid to just call things like he/she sees them and **** the consequences.

Dennis Prager may have summed her up best; she's middle class. Never mind the bank statement, she's middle class in her thinking, and we can all pretty much relate to that. And that's why the elitists fear and despise her so much, she can relate to all of us on a level that they can never match.

As far as questioning her competence, I find that laughable coming from anyone whose Prius is still wearing an Obama sticker!

Dennis Prager may have summed her up best; she's middle class. Never mind the bank statement, she's middle class in her thinking, and we can all pretty much relate to that. And that's why the elitists fear and despise her so much, she can relate to all of us on a level that they can never match.

As far as questioning her competence, I find that laughable coming from anyone whose Prius is still wearing an Obama sticker!

+1!!! Very well put!!

She seems to have the attitude that ,if you want something then work for it and make it happen. I like her, she a down to earth woman, yeah her run for V.P. made her a house hold name and yes she is most likely making a profit because of it , but at the same time her show is helping showcase some of Alaska's features..

She's a lot like us except she makes $1,000,000 per episode!! I wish my wife was like Palin.....just think about all the new toys and hunting trips!!!

I'm pretty sure somebody hit his thumb with a hammer while he was on the keyboard. I cuss and say things in a way that I shouldn't when that happens too. So please be careful with the hammer because this is one site that I read with younger ones around.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.