Speer impact bullets

okie man

Looks like speer has a bonded tipped hunting bullet in the works. Posted specs on the 6.5mm 140 grain .646 bc . Any real world news on them?

I have the .30 cal 190's that I will be trying out this week in a 300WSM. I weighed 10 and usual small variance for a hunting bullet. I haven't measured them yet but will post up once I spec a box out.

If they are anything like the Gold Dot rifle bullets they will be a winner. I have been shooting the 120 Gold Dot in my 6.5 Grendel AR and they are a very accurate bullet that seems to be easy to get to shoot good with different powders and loads. Terminal performance was AWESOME on the one deer I have shot with them.

Has anyone cut one of the new impact ballets apart to see its construction? I was under the impression that it is a tipped bonded jacket bullet, the gold dot are sold as "bonded" , but are not copper bonded jackets, technically they are plated- I shoot them in my 6.8
Every gold dot I've shot are very accurate and perform well on game.
Be interesting to see if this is a tipped gold dot, or an all new construction/bullet

It worth checking but: Their bonding process or plating is so proven now, been used in the Federal Fusion ammo for many years and the Gold Dot, so I can't see a reason to use a different process with this bullet.

Would somebody be able to give me the oal and boat tail length of the 190 grain? How has the consistency been on bto( bullet only or loads)
Thanks

I know...Old thread but wanted to revive it since I just bought some Speer Impact bullets to try.
Midway has a sale going on them right now.

Has anyone tried them out?
If so, could you share your results?

Thanks

Recent Posts