Speer Bullets

This thread brings back good memories for me.
My first centrefire was a Ruger M77 MK II in 25-06, soon followed by a 6.5x55 and 300WM also on a Ruger M77 MK II stainless with boat paddle stock.
Speer bullets were the most prolific on the shelves at the time and were very reasonably priced.
All 3 rifles were fed a diet of Hot Cor bullets. I shot military comp rifle with the 6.5x55 to 500 metres using Swedish match ammo and Speer 120g or 140g Hot Cor bullets for deer or hogs. They always brought home the animal and never had one fail.
Same goes using Hot Cor in the 25-06, 100g were used on 'Roos, 120's on deer and pigs, and even the 87g TNT on rabbits and foxes. There was never any rabbit left to eat after shooting them with the TNT, even with head shots…but it was fun all the same.
Took my biggest and most difficult Sambar deer with a 200g Hot Cor out of my 300WM 30 odd years ago. Bullet penetrated 90% the length of that deer and only stopped 4" from exiting the right ham. Deer still ran around 50mtr so I put another in him and he dropped mid stride.
So, I can definitely say that Speer make some very good bullets and they have always proven accurate for me at normal hunting ranges. My longest hit on a rabbit with the Speer 100g Hot Cor is 432mtr, ranged from the Ute after the shot. For such a small target it is quite a feet I am very happy with.

Cheers.