Show us your Fox and Coyote Rig and Other gun

Little .223 I put together with proof barrel, thunder beast can, Sweet AR gold trigger,
20190124_152323.jpg
and Mark 6 1-6x20

I have been eyeballing a TL3 too but I wish the rail was milled into the action so I went with my 3rd Defiance on the last build.

It's funny how certain people have issues with binding or locking up and others haven't seemed to have a single issue. Everytime I'm certain on going with the bighorn, someone has good luck with the defiance and it gets my head spinning again!

I owned a defiance 6.5x47L. Great action. It was like running a BAT. Unfortunately it was spec'd too tight for the areas I hunt. The dirt and dust locked it up

That's what's got me nervous with the defiance, I couldn't imagine something locking up on a moose hunt

It's funny how certain people have issues with binding or locking up and others haven't seemed to have a single issue. Everytime I'm certain on going with the bighorn, someone has good luck with the defiance and it gets my head spinning again!

That's what's got me nervous with the defiance, I couldn't imagine something locking up on a moose hunt
That would suck for sure. I have never had a problem with any of mine but I hunt in Nebraska and Kansas and its not too sandy. I also have the deep flutes which gives small foreign objects a place to go.

Defiance offers several different bolt clearances. Mine was obviously a tighter one. You can't go wrong with either. Bighorn had more of my boxes checked than the others

20-250 (3).jpg
My "go to" yote gun sometimes varies with my mood but the one I've been grabbing first, as of late, is my little shorty Kelbly 22-250 but I'll often rotate around with my 6-284 in desert camo, 20-250 w/Leupold on it, and my newest addition is a little 20-222 with kind of a old school Rem BDL look. I use my 223AI a lot as well as a couple others but I don't have any pics of the others.
Short250.jpg
6-284 (2).jpg
20-222.jpg

Hey Matt what does that 260 weigh? Im looking at a sendero contour for my 6.5x284 build but Im wanting a little more of a long(ish) range capable hunting rig that I will have to tote around. Thinking about a #5 contour instead maybe????

Hey Matt what does that 260 weigh? Im looking at a sendero contour for my 6.5x284 build but Im wanting a little more of a long(ish) range capable hunting rig that I will have to tote around. Thinking about a #5 contour instead maybe????

I've never actually weighed it. If I were to guess I'd probsbly put it in the 12-14lbs range. I can weight it in the next couple days and give you a much more accurate guess (scale isn't the best) but it will be close enough.

I've never actually weighed it. If I were to guess I'd probsbly put it in the 12-14lbs range.

That's probably a really close guess. My 6-284 in the above pic sits in a A5, built on a Rem 700 SA and has a Lilja 26in #7 contour and as it sits with NF NXS, less suppressor, weighs 12lbs 12oz.

That's probably a really close guess. My 6-284 in the above pic sits in a A5, built on a Rem 700 SA and has a Lilja 26in #7 contour and as it sits with NF NXS, less suppressor, weighs 12lbs 12oz.

I bet this is a real tack driver but wouldn't fancy carrying a long way to a stand...

How about an AR in 308 with a REAP-IR(thermal). Why the 308? Because we hunt at night and there are a lot of hogs where we hunt. You just might bump into one. That would be a shame wouldn't it. LOL Oops he grabbed his 223, with an Acog, since we waited for day time to take pics. That is his rifle of choice during the day.

Attachments

• IMG_6607.JPG
    IMG_6607.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
Last edited:
It's taken the odd coyote but does more match work than anything. A Mossberg MVP that's almost not one anymore. Only the receiver and bolt came with the gun. Current scope is slightly different too.

MVP .223 action, Jard 8oz & Timney 3lb triggers (depends what I'm doing), PTG barrel nut & lug, Black Hole Weapons 26" 1:7 barrel, A2 cage, US Optics SN3 3.8-22x44 scope, DMPS PSG-1 grip, XLR Tactical butt stock, Accuracy Solutions BipodeXt, Harris 6-9 notch leg.

Usually runs 70's & 75's around 2900 or so. Occasionally runs 45's at 3650.
img_2552-e1526186488701.jpg