Kahles Optics on your Coyote Rig?

yote doctor

I will post this in "Optics" as well.... But it will sit on my longer range coyote rifle in 243.

I am really considering dropping the coin on what appears to be an amazing scope. (Kahles K312 3-12x50) Cant decide on which reticle to go with.

1) Gen2 Mil
2) MSR-K

Does anyone use this scope or a Kahles for that matter. Any input would be great!

I use a Kahles 1-6 for 3 gun and it is absolutely amazing. I switched from a Swarovski 1-6i to the Kahles and have never looked back. The glass comes from the same place (Both Swarovski and Kahles are owned by the same parent Corp) but the Kahles scopes are heavier duty than the Swaro's.

MSR K would be the reticle I would get. Khales makes a great scope, optically they are right up there with my schmidts and premier.

I have just bought 2 Kahles KX Helia Series Scopes , a 3-9x42 4D Reticle to put on a .260Rem & a 3.5-10x50 4D Reticle to go on a .220 Swift AI.
The 3.5-10x50 is to replace a 3.5-18x44 BRX Swaro which is too much scope for the .220. Kahles whilst under the same corporate banner as Swaro, are in fact a separate entity, in that they design and manufacture their scopes with no input from Swaro.1898 Kahles began making scopes which makes them the oldest scope maker in the world and were responsible for many firsts in the industry and are made in Austria.
The KX scopes are no frills the glass is superb and IMHO they marginally shade the Swaro's I have, particularly in low light conditions. Their binos are nice too.

regards
Mike.

The first Kahles scope I owned was a steel tubed blued scope that was mounted on a 2nd hand Parker Hale .270 I bought about 25 years ago. They were 25mm tubes to which made it an issue trying to obtain suitable rings.
In those days Kahles were the pick of the Euro Scopes and to a lesser degree the Pecars of Berlin.
For the last number of years I have been using Swaro scopes but am now glad I have reacquainted myself with Kahles.

regards
Mike.

Sorry Fellas!

I went with the Premier Light Tactical instead. And have to say I am happy with my decision thus far.

Thanks for the replys

I have an 8x56 that I got brand new for 285.00 many years ago, hundreds of night time coyotes have since lost their lives.they really work well at night and that is all I use it for because it is heavy.i made the gun and the douglas barrel has very little taper, it still shoots under .5 inch after many rounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.