Show us your coyote SHOTGUNS.

Christmas2005_0682.jpg

Here is a picture of my coyote shotgun, it is a Remington 11-87. It is also my Dove, Quail, Chukar and Waterfowl shotgun.

I have to use lead free shotgun ammo on coyotes so I am using Remington Wingmaster HD and Hevi-Shot loads in sizes 2, B, BB and T shot. I have been using a Carlson's Extended Imp/Mod Sporting Clays choke for coyotes for the last two years.

I finally managed to find some #4 buck in my province, had to drive three hours to get it too. 3" Remington Power Pakt buffered 41 pellet load.

Oddly enough, it patterns much more densely than the #2 I had been shooting even though it only has around 1/3 of the pellets.

33 yards. Poor sickly fella didn't even see it coming...

Attachments

• better coyote.jpg
    better coyote.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 114
Browning Cynergy
12 ga.
#4 Turkey loads
Don't have a picture of the gun, but here are a couple of its victims.
First one chasing two hen turkeys in front of me at 40 yds.
Second one at 10 yds. in brush.

Attachments

• 40 yds., #4 Turkey load.jpg
    40 yds., #4 Turkey load.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 124
  • Shotgun 'yote.jpg
    Shotgun 'yote.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 116
I've only been able to nab 1 dog with my shotgun. It's a 18" mossberg 500 mod choke with #5 pheasant loads. It stopped him first shot at ~50yds but definately not enough poop on it for a clean kill. Recommend bigger shot for sure. Will try 4 buck or BB next time.

Attachments

• coyote#2.jpg
    coyote#2.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 89
Christmas2005_0682.jpg

Here is a picture of my coyote shotgun, it is a Remington 11-87. It is also my Dove, Quail, Chukar and Waterfowl shotgun.

I have to use lead free shotgun ammo on coyotes so I am using Remington Wingmaster HD and Hevi-Shot loads in sizes 2, B, BB and T shot. I have been using a Carlson's Extended Imp/Mod Sporting Clays choke for coyotes for the last two years.

Looks like you got the right combination there with that pile of yotes.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.