show me your coyote hunting load out.

This was posted back in August and you still haven't made it home. (chuckle)

I keep it simple.

rifle / ammo
water / snacks
first aid kit
Mouth call / E-caller
Cell phone (turned off obvioulsly)
Binoculars / range finder

and a hunting buddy, never hunt alone.

Oh yeah, sorry. Didn't see any interest in it so I didn't post anything.

Attachments

• 20140927_191218.jpg
    20140927_191218.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 147
Day pack.(in pack) e-call,mouth call,water, snack,camo rain gear,extra socks,basic first aide kit,extra batteries.
17/204 ar.
Shooting sticks.
Extra mag/ammo
Cell phone.
Wallet/ current hunting permits

I keep it very simple,
  • shot gun or both shotgun and rifle just incase the terrain is different then expected
  • no more then 2 extra bullets besides whats in the gun for each stand (the truck has more bullets)
  • caller and remote nothing extra to rattle on
  • max 1 camo thats what blends in best in my area whatever blends in best in yours
  • wear a face mask and gloves on the way in
  • everything else water, knives, etc. all stays at the truck
  • the less stuff you have the less noise there is to make

Accuracy international AX, it is a bit heavy. I am going to build a 20" 22 x47 lapua for next year and run the 80 grain vld out of it. Probably use a McMillan A3 edge on the next one.

This is an old video, but it shows some of the stuff we carry (not every time) but may carry, depending on where we're going.
We've came a long way as a team and a lot of our gear has been refined over the past 5 seasons with experience and upgrades...but we cover a lot of area when we set out, so we usually go out with whatever we MIGHT need, rather than what we plan to need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hand calls, e caller, rifle/ shotgun depending on terrain, mojo critter, rangefinder/binos, turkey hunter snap on seat that hangs off belt.

Go light, travel faster, further.
Gun, ammo, rangefinder, hand calls and dog remote.
Xdeano

I get the concept of coyote hunting, I was curious as to what you guys were using, to increase the arsenal.

Attachments

• 20140901_084005.jpg
    20140901_084005.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 136
Ok. Be more specific then, what exactly do you want to know? kind of weapons, bullets, optics, calls, bags etc. what?

Xdeano

My load out is pretty basic because I run and gun. Water, snacks, all that kind of gear stays in the truck as we bounce from place to place.

What I actually carry on stand:

CS-24 on small tripod, with remote.
Couple of mouth calls, usually Carver 220 swift and open reed howler.
Rangefinder in pocket in case one really hangs up in our open country.
Home-made shooting sticks.
Rifle (.223, fast twist .220 Swift, or 25-06) plus a few extra rounds in my pocket.
Of course, camo, gloves, headnet, appropriate to weather/season.
"Sometimes" a decoy, not very often.
"Sometimes" a camera, like if my daughter is with me. She is big on pictures, lol.

Remington VLS 243
Sceery open reed distress
Sceery howler
Verminator tweety and sycho tweety
squeaker

E callers are just more bulk than I like to carry. Besides that, everybody has one.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.