coyote/fox

Hi you guys i was just wondering if you have any limits on the amount of coyote and foxs you can shoot per year, Here in Wales UK i average three figures every year, this year 73 to date due to covid restrictions

Attachments

• 20211221_204559[1].jpg
    20211221_204559[1].jpg
    693.5 KB · Views: 197
Hi you guys i was just wondering if you have any limits on the amount of coyote and foxs you can shoot per year, Here in Wales UK i average three figures every year, this year 73 to date due to covid restrictions
Wow that's a big fox compared to the Gray's we have here in GA.
No limit on Coyotes open season.
Fox no limit, but season from December 1st to Feb 28.

Wow that's a big fox compared to the Gray's we have here in GA.
No limit on Coyotes open season.
Fox no limit, but season from December 1st to Feb 28.
They are not all like this i had him the night before last he weighed 22lbs normally our foxs average a large dog fox16/17 lbs a large vixen 12/14 lb we have no closed season for foxs but unless we have a troublesome fox i wont shoot them whilst in cub, happy hunting and stay safe Andy

They are not all like this i had him the night before last he weighed 22lbs normally our foxs average a large dog fox16/17 lbs a large vixen 12/14 lb we have no closed season for foxs but unless we have a troublesome fox i wont shoot them whilst in cub, happy hunting and stay safe Andy
Since you are in the UK do y'all still get on horses, dress up in suits, and set the HOUNDS out to chase after a fox jumping over hedge rows, rock walls, and wooden fences???
Then when you get the fox sit around and drink Champane or Scotch?

Here where I live we don't have seasons on coyote fox and a few other varmints . Before I retired from doing predator control I averaged 216 coyote a year and nearly 300 fox a year for 36 years . The biggest reason they bother livestock here is due to them having young .

Here where I live we don't have seasons on coyote fox and a few other varmints . Before I retired from doing predator control I averaged 216 coyote a year and nearly 300 fox a year for 36 years . The biggest reason they bother livestock here is due to them having young .
Would love to come hunt Yotes in you part of the world!

Since you are in the UK do y'all still get on horses, dress up in suits, and set the HOUNDS out to chase after a fox jumping over hedge rows, rock walls, and wooden fences???
Then when you get the fox sit around and drink Champane or Scotch?
Some do, the laws have changed here since 2004 you cant hunt foxs with a pack of hounds you can only follow a scent of a fox which would be put down an hour earlier by someone dragging a sack with fox scent on, the hounds get to shake the sack at the end haha, Yes they still dress up to do it, its still leagal to use a dog to flush a fox to shoot it, Whats the ammunition situation over with you, i use a .222 and 177hmr .22rf v-max 50grn = 34$ sierra blitz king 50grn 41$ vit n133 powder 120$ 1kilo How many coyotes do you shoot in a year

Wow thats a lot was that day and night shooting

Mostly day hunting I worked at predator control 12 months a year at least 2000 hours a year only took about 10-15 days a year off , I wasn't out there as a pleasure hunter and caller I was out there to protect livestock it was a job not a hobby that is were the difference lies between me and the majority of the people on this site they are out there to just have some fun and take a break from their every day jobs and lives . There are others out there that do it for a living that take far more coyote and other predators per year then I did most of them just don't talk about it or share their knowledge and experiences with others .

Mostly day hunting I worked at predator control 12 months a year at least 2000 hours a year only took about 10-15 days a year off , I wasn't out there as a pleasure hunter and caller I was out there to protect livestock it was a job not a hobby that is were the difference lies between me and the majority of the people on this site they are out there to just have some fun and take a break from their every day jobs and lives . There are others out there that do it for a living that take far more coyote and other predators per year then I did most of them just don't talk about it or share their knowledge and experiences with others .
You must have seen some crazy things over the years, at least over here we dont have to worry about things hunting us, the largest predator we have is the badger about 25-40 lb in weight only a small snake thats poisonous but not deadly. Our biggest threat is probably a wasp in the summer gun laws over here are very strict and you can lose your permit very easy. what state were working in

I worked in Wyoming . I have written some in the Coyote hunting tips and Ramblings and such from hunting coyote if you would like to read about some of what I experienced over the years . There are others on those two sites that have shared their experiences also .
hi yes i will look it up have a good christmas and a better new year regards Andy