Scratching the .264 itch

Nimrod

After wanting one for years I have finally acquired a Model 70 in .264 WM. The plan was to use the push feed action to build on since the barrel was a factory sporter and only 24" long. The factory trigger responded well to a little tweaking so I decided to see what I was starting with. I had a couple of boxes of factory Remington ammo a buddy gave me several years ago so off to the range. The only scope I had to stick on it was an old Vari-x II 2-7 that I was going to send in for a cleaning and check up, I put that on to try it out. I propped it up on a Harris bipod and rear bag and the first round hit the 100 yard target so I made a slight adjustment to the scope and sent 3 more after it that snuggled into a nice .530 group. I switched to the 200 yard target and put the next three into 1.24. My gun club range goes out to 550 and has a steel plate about 10" x 12" hanging at the 550 yard line. I picked an aiming point on the berm over the target and touched her off again and was rewarded with a satisfying clank, few more shots produced the same result as the first.

Aside from a rock hard recoil pad that I will replace, bedding and a new scope I think I'll leave it alone for a while.

Anybody have any pet loads using Noslers?

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts