264 bullets

My wife is recoil sensitive due to M.S. and shoots a 6.5 CM Weatherby Camilla with their radial brake. I load 124g Hammers. She loves the gun and has no issues with its recoil.

I just got a 6.5 PRC that I put on a muzzlebrake. I haven't shot it enough to decide if I will have her try it.

Anyway, I like the 124g Hammer Hunters in .264/6.5mm.

There are light weight bullets that will work
  • 97 grain Hammer Absolutes
  • 99 grain Hammer Hunter
  • 100 grain Nosler Partition
  • 100 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip
  • 110 grain Hammer Hunter
  • 115 Barnes Tac TX
If your wife is recoil sensitive, why build a 264WM? A 260, 6.5 Creedmoor (🤮) or even better yet a 6.5x47 Lapua will be very mild recoiling and much more pleasurable to shoot. I built my wife a light weight 6.5x47 and it shoots 129 Accubond LR bullets into tiny holes at 2922fps from a 24" barrel. That gun is an absolute dream to shoot.

IMO you are wasting a lot of powder for minimal gain with the 264WM if light recoil is your goal.

I used Nosler Partition a great many years ago 100gr in a 25/06. It bloodshot the entire one side of a deer. The balance of bullet are still sitting there unused. I haven't used them from that time going forward. I did find out at that time you needed to be under 2900fps. Now I don't know if that still holds or not. Most of use don't shoot that slow.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a question about 264 bullets. I'm having a gun built for my wife. A 264 magnum, but she wants to shoot light Bullets. I see 6.5 and 264 bullets labeled as the same some times. Is this always true, because I looking for a 110gr bullet but can't seem to find any in a hunting bullet.
Thanks in Advance

Hello everyone, I have a question about 264 bullets. I'm having a gun built for my wife. A 264 magnum, but she wants to shoot light Bullets. I see 6.5 and 264 bullets labeled as the same some times. Is this always true, because I looking for a 110gr bullet but can't seem to find any in a hunting bullet.
Thanks in Advance
My 2-cents that cost 6-cents to make:
:D She should do a .243 Winchester! :D

:D Or, a 6.5 CM :D

Are they gonna be handloads?
Light weight bullets will do!
Or, are you buying ammo?
I don't see anything lighter than 140-grains here:

Pick a bullet weight in the tabs.

Or, if it is a commitment to get the 264 mag, then try 125-gr. Nosler Partitions. (Hand loads.)
My Dad and I have seen sub half-inch groups in 338 WM, 7mm RM, 30-06, 270 Win, etc. = Very accurate hunting bullets.

Last edited:
Thanks in Advance
.264 Winchester Magnum
IF you do not hand load ammo: (100 to 140-grain bullets)
:D My little search for light weight bullet loads are found here: (Pick a bullet weight)
Very expensive!

I'd advise a .243 Winchester, or the 6.5 Creedmoor calibers for her.

.243 Winchester ammo: (55 to 105-grain bullets)

6.5 Creedmoor ammo: (93 to 156-grain bullets)

Last edited:
Try an 85gr Hammer bullet at a million miles per hour. That aught to be fun and will minimize recoil. :>)
Doing a85 grain HH at 2995 out of a20 inch Grendel. Can't wait to see what it does to a Alabama whitetail. Got 3159 out of a man bun with 110 HH and I think I left some mph in the case. Faster powder would have been better.