264 bullets

Hello everyone, I have a question about 264 bullets. I'm having a gun built for my wife. A 264 magnum, but she wants to shoot light Bullets. I see 6.5 and 264 bullets labeled as the same some times. Is this always true, because I looking for a 110gr bullet but can't seem to find any in a hunting bullet.
Thanks in Advance
.264/6.5mm Bullets (110-gr)

As another loooooooooooooooong time 264wm shooter (since '76 @ 11 years old) I've used sierra 140sbt. Sierra's all I've used to date. Started reloading in '84 and the 120's are a good choice. Getting the enjoyment from a pre '64 mod70 with loads at or very close to max pressure and still a pleasure to shoot. If you're only shooting out to 500 then you could tame down the heavier ones to feel like the lighter ones.

Despite not reading all posts, I can assure you that running a brake is going to reduce recoil to very little.
Any 100g non-bonded bullet is going to be very destructive on game.
A better option would be a 120-125g bullet of bonded construction or a Partition.
These work very well on deer sized game and especially hogs. You can step up to a 130g Accubond.
In my custom 264WM, with 29" barrel, it will push the 130's to 3600fps and they hold together well.
Speer make an excellent bonded 120g bullet that should cover all the game you will be shooting, the 264WM is superbly accurate so feel confident that it will get the job done.

Cheers.

Despite not reading all posts, I can assure you that running a brake is going to reduce recoil to very little.
Any 100g non-bonded bullet is going to be very destructive on game.
A better option would be a 120-125g bullet of bonded construction or a Partition.
These work very well on deer sized game and especially hogs. You can step up to a 130g Accubond.
In my custom 264WM, with 29" barrel, it will push the 130's to 3600fps and they hold together well.
Speer make an excellent bonded 120g bullet that should cover all the game you will be shooting, the 264WM is superbly accurate so feel confident that it will get the job done.

Cheers.
What recipe is that and twist? I have a 32" 7.5t for 150smk.

You could switch to a PRC on a long action if you haven't chambered it yet. All your components will work. Hopefully your twist rate is fast enough for monos as "back40sniper" suggestion will work too. Hammer has their 121 heavy hammer that should do well for what you want to accomplish. See the review while viewing that bullet on their site.
Thank you sir for advice to help.

My wife is recoil sensitive due to M.S. and shoots a 6.5 CM Weatherby Camilla with their radial brake. I load 124g Hammers. She loves the gun and has no issues with its recoil.

I just got a 6.5 PRC that I put on a muzzlebrake. I haven't shot it enough to decide if I will have her try it.

Anyway, I like the 124g Hammer Hunters in .264/6.5mm.
Thank you sir.

What recipe is that and twist? I have a 32" 7.5t for 150smk.
Not looking to try and push bullets hot. Surprised she wants to hunt. Guess that's what I get for taking her to Africa with me. Loads will be what the book calls for or what good reloader's
suggests. Have suppressor coming from it. My hope is it will tame it some. Not like a brake but some.

As another loooooooooooooooong time 264wm shooter (since '76 @ 11 years old) I've used sierra 140sbt. Sierra's all I've used to date. Started reloading in '84 and the 120's are a good choice. Getting the enjoyment from a pre '64 mod70 with loads at or very close to max pressure and still a pleasure to shoot. If you're only shooting out to 500 then you could tame down the heavier ones to feel like the lighter ones.
Thank you sir. Sounds like good advice. If going down would/ could that affect zeroing the bullet? I've never went down always up. The easier I make shooting for her the better it will be able to get more hunts for me [lol].

Not looking to try and push bullets hot. Surprised she wants to hunt. Guess that's what I get for taking her to Africa with me. Loads will be what the book calls for or what good reloader's
suggests. Have suppressor coming from it. My hope is it will tame it some. Not like a brake but some.
Velocity thru length is easier on the shooter and barrel than loading hot. I go by book loads also.

It is great when your partner wants to hunt. We get a lot of quality time together away from all distractions. Good luck with the build.

Recent Posts