"Restoration of Gray Wolves" initiative in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
...does not refute my point that human activity is the greater detriment to the deer/elk population.
I don't think many would disgree that human activity does way more harm than good. However, does that mean we just throw our hands in the air and say "screw it"? I won't...

Native predators and prey reach an equilibrium. Always have, always will.
We are at an equilibrium now. We're screwing up that equilibrium if we bring in a bunch of predators. As you said, we humans need to butt out and leave well enough alone because when we start messing with nature and the natural balance of things, we often times do more harm than good.

Where in North America are there wolves aplenty? Canada.
Does Canada have moose, deer, and elk aplenty? Yes, so many that American hunters pay big bucks to go there to hunt. You could say the same for Alaska, although you'd have to add caribou and the greatest bears to the list. The real enemies of our large, wild, ungulates, are human intrusion, development, and destruction of habitat/migration corridors. Show me one state in the lower 48 where documented Wolf predation exceeds road kill.
That is foolish rational, so by your thoughts it would be a hell no on the wolves! They have enough problem ( ungulates) so why add wolves to the mix! Hey I with you on that . You said it and you can't hear it .... that's the problem with you guys , you don't get it because your locked into your own thoughts ..... I want wolves to roam.

That is foolish rational, so by your thoughts it would be a hell no on the wolves! They have enough problem ( ungulates) so why add wolves to the mix! Hey I with you on that . You said it and you can't hear it .... that's the problem with you guys , you don't get it because your locked into your own thoughts ..... I want wolves to roam.

Who do you mean by "you guys?" I am a Colorado resident, I own numerous rifles and handguns, I reload ammunition, I shoot long range, I hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, and coyotes... I think it's sad that these days so many people have to make a simple difference of opinion into "us vs them."

Where in North America are there wolves aplenty? Canada.
Does Canada have moose, deer, and elk aplenty? Yes, so many that American hunters pay big bucks to go there to hunt. You could say the same for Alaska, although you'd have to add caribou and the greatest bears to the list. The real enemies of our large, wild, ungulates, are human intrusion, development, and destruction of habitat/migration corridors. Show me one state in the lower 48 where documented Wolf predation exceeds road kill.

So I guess your saying people are the problem kill them?

Show me one state in the lower 48 where documented Wolf predation exceeds road kill.

Congratulations- that is the most ridiculous statement in this entire thread.

The elk herd near Gardiner, Montana used to be 20,000+ but since the reinfestation has dropped to near zero.

You are saying that 18,000 elk got hit on the road???

You can bury your head in the sand, if you'd like, but when your tell your grandchildren stories about "how it used to be" make sure you tell them that you just didn't see it coming.

All right I'll apologize for the comment.
But to add to this you can watch and read all the documentaries, newspapers, books etc. you want. The vast majority of the people in Montana, Idaho and Wyoming have had a gut full of all this" How great the wolf is". This was crammed down our throats 25 years ago without any say in it at all.
Why dont you talk with some people who have first hand experience what it was like before and after the wolf, instead of reading or watching on T.V how great the wolf is.

Who do you mean by "you guys?" I am a Colorado resident, I own numerous rifles and handguns, I reload ammunition, I shoot long range, I hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, and coyotes... I think it's sad that these days so many people have to make a simple difference of opinion into "us vs them."
Who do I mean by you guys, people like yourself who are lock in their own thoughts without out regard to the facts

Clueless

Seems pinoniper has ruffled a few feathers on accurateshooter also. Over there says your in Virginia so which is it, Colorado or Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.