"Restoration of Gray Wolves" initiative in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Montana, Idaho and Wyoming we did not get a chance to vote for or against it... The Feds and our own F and G partnered and just shoved it down our throats..The great windfall of extra money and some extra employees was just to much for a Government Agency to pass up...Our Fish and Game not just sold us down the river but were complicit in the lies and scam..

I'm up in Michigan and can concur it's been devastating up north. The huge impact it's had on the houndsmen is unbelievable. The coyote, fox, coon and bear dogs get picked off so regularly that a lot of the U.P. guys come to the lower half to run dogs. Then there is the idiotic waste of money my hunting license fees and taxes have been spent to reintroduce wolves to Isle Royale because the last wolves inbred so badly they died out. It's an island, as if they won't interbreed again!?

I invited a local "Wolf Expert" who runs a National Wildlife Research Center in our area to speak at our high school trap shooting banquet. She has wolves from all over the globe and studies them for disease and breeding habits. She fully endorsed the science based Minnesota DNR Wolf Hunt a few years ago when Washington DC took them off the endangered species list. She agrees that they must be properly managed. I am not mentioning her name here because of the threats from "Wolf Worshipers" she received once she went public with her support.

I invited a local "Wolf Expert" who runs a National Wildlife Research Center in our area to speak at our high school trap shooting banquet. She has wolves from all over the globe and studies them for disease and breeding habits. She fully endorsed the science based Minnesota DNR Wolf Hunt a few years ago when Washington DC took them off the endangered species list. She agrees that they must be properly managed. I am not mentioning her name here because of the threats from "Wolf Worshipers" she received once she went public with her support.
The people , should I say the sportsman of Colorado need to fight this like it was a infringement on the 2nd amendment. It doesn't matter if a expert can see the value of wolf management , the do gooders of this world don't care. So it's important that we all come and present the logical argument and can this before it destroys the elk and deer population of Colorado . We don't live in a natural west anymore. The west hasn't been natural since the first cattle ranches came into existence. The modern day Colorado will be laid siege to by wolves , eating everything on their path deer , elk , moose , cows , sheep family pets and livestock . This food rich environment will increase the population by guaranteeing pup survival. If there is a harsh winter and game populations suffer the wolves will be preying on livestock . Staying strong and well fed even damaging the game population more by harassing the elk and deer in their weakened state! 24/7 the wolf is a eating machine. Ranchers and sportsman , sheep herders all should fight this like their life depends on it ( because it does ) . Get these predators established will change forever the way of life for the poor guy trying to make a living and the Colorado hunter . It's bringing the fox into the chicken coop , it's just that simple!

The people , should I say the sportsman of Colorado need to fight this like it was a infringement on the 2nd amendment. It doesn't matter if a expert can see the value of wolf management , the do gooders of this world don't care. So it's important that we all come and present the logical argument and can this before it destroys the elk and deer population of Colorado . We don't live in a natural west anymore. The west hasn't been natural since the first cattle ranches came into existence. The modern day Colorado will be laid siege to by wolves , eating everything on their path deer , elk , moose , cows , sheep family pets and livestock . This food rich environment will increase the population by guaranteeing pup survival. If there is a harsh winter and game populations suffer the wolves will be preying on livestock . Staying strong and well fed even damaging the game population more by harassing the elk and deer in their weakened state! 24/7 the wolf is a eating machine. Ranchers and sportsman , sheep herders all should fight this like their life depends on it ( because it does ) . Get these predators established will change forever the way of life for the poor guy trying to make a living and the Colorado hunter . It's bringing the fox into the chicken coop , it's just that simple!
Well said and the absolute truth.

Unhunted wolves (two and four legged) learn pretty quick that we aren't a threat and get bold. Both need to figuratively and actually be hunted respectively.

Then there is the idiotic waste of money my hunting license fees and taxes have been spent to reintroduce wolves to Isle Royale because the last wolves inbred so badly they died out. It's an island, as if they won't interbreed again!?

What chaps my arse is that "Hands off- let Nature take care of it!" is the wolf huggers mantra until Mother Nature decides to reduce their numbers NATURALLY. Then they put US on the hook to bring more in!

What has been said many times,like where I live.Rugged,big timber,really hard to hunt a wolf.Its not like the east side open,sage,pockets.Ill take some picts when out,I have built jeep and Im in some of there area with snow building up.Been in tracks last 7 days.Dark timber,limited access,there smart.Cant control numbers hunting

What has been said many times,like where I live.Rugged,big timber,really hard to hunt a wolf.Its not like the east side open,sage,pockets.Ill take some picts when out,I have built jeep and Im in some of there area with snow building up.Been in tracks last 7 days.Dark timber,limited access,there smart.Cant control numbers hunting
Have you guys got much for snow? We've had about 2' of snow but it was all back in Sept/Oct. Ground is mostly clear here, even up higher. Makes it tough to hunt them when you can't find tracks.
I still enjoy it, though, because its a good excuse to get outside!

Been snowing all week,everthings moving down.Almost cant make it past 4000'with 4x4,37'' and lockers.Lots of wolf tracks
IMG_0703.JPG

Have you guys got much for snow? We've had about 2' of snow but it was all back in Sept/Oct. Ground is mostly clear here, even up higher. Makes it tough to hunt them when you can't find tracks.
I still enjoy it, though, because its a good excuse to get outside!
Got hammered in Oct.. since then not much. The east got more than west .

Status
Not open for further replies.