"Restoration of Gray Wolves" initiative in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He joined there about 4 months ago and his profile says Virginia.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200110-165825_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110-165825_Chrome.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_20200110-165842_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110-165842_Chrome.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 154
Who do you mean by "you guys?" I am a Colorado resident, I own numerous rifles and handguns, I reload ammunition, I shoot long range, I hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, and coyotes... I think it's sad that these days so many people have to make a simple difference of opinion into "us vs them."
Why do you hunt coyotes?

Seems pinoniper has ruffled a few feathers on accurateshooter also. Over there says your in Virginia so which is it, Colorado or Virginia
That's not me. Pinoniper is a name I made up from the firewoods I burn in my stove and my fireplace. Never been in VA, never claimed to be.

He joined there about 4 months ago and his profile says Virginia.

Attached Files:

That's exactly the same thing someone posted on the kill the wolf thread exactly.

Sorry not sure how to quote your post when you attach links.
but those links are word for word same thing posted here.

Predator control. And recreation. Family ranch in NM. We lease pasture to a cow/calf guy. If wolves killed livestock there, or in Colorado, there should be compensation.
You realize wolves are the apex predator , how do you feel about having to control wolves and it not being legal to do so! You must know how hard a coyote is on a rancher , wolves are their worst nightmare! Why would you ever support this?

Really? Is it necessary to throw in a personal barb with the information you wish to add to the discussion? Information which, by the way, does not refute my point that human activity is the greater detriment to the deer/elk population. Native predators and prey reach an equilibrium. Always have, always will.

The truth is wolves are killers always have been always will be! This is why our forefathers got rid of them in the past. These hybrid wolves are huge compared to the wolves of the past that weren't much bigger then todays coyote. You might go to Montana, Idaho, Oregon, or Wyoming to find out the truth about these wolves. The wolf needs to be exterminated if we are to maintain healthy deer, elk, sheep, and moose herds.

Predator control. And recreation. Family ranch in NM. We lease pasture to a cow/calf guy. If wolves killed livestock there, or in Colorado, there should be compensation.

I see were your going with this. Let's have wolves and compensation.
Hello Colorado parks and wildlife how may I help you today?
I'm calling to get my Check!!!
Check?...
Ya my livestock depredation check, I had 500 pairs out there on blm lease this year and 198 killed by wolves.
198??.......
Yep lost 198 to them rascals I voted to reintroduce couple years back. So when will I get my check? I already figured out how much its gonna be $108,900 that's 198 x $550 you don't think that'll disqualify me for food stamps do you?
We send out checks on the 1st of the month and no that shouldn't disqualify you.
Ok well my check better not be late!!! Click.

Hmmm....
I may have to get into cattle

Last edited:
I see were your going with this. Let's have wolves and compensation.
Hello Colorado parks and wildlife how may I help you today?
I'm calling to get my Check!!!
Check?...
Ya my livestock depredation check, I had 500 pairs out there on blm lease this year and 198 killed by wolves.
198??.......
Yep lost 198 to them rascals I voted to reintroduce couple years back. So when will I get my check? I already figured out how much its gonna be $108,900 that's 198 x $550 you don't think that'll disqualify me for food stamps do you?
We send out checks on the 1st of the month and no that shouldn't disqualify you.
Ok well my check better not be late!!! Click.

Hmmm....
I may have to get into cattle
Brilliant. As I said, the cattle aren't mine. And our land is in NM.

Status
Not open for further replies.