Gray wolves no longer protected by Feds

image.jpg

Oopp!!! Another one! Boy this beautiful bull would sure look a lot healthier if them **** wolves would give his throat back and maybe put a few of them hairs they pulled out of his *** back!

Yup, it's sad that ever Tester is better... sorta.

Appearently I've misjudged the seriousness of the situation out west. My apologies. However the info I stated about Wisconsin is correct. I shouldn't have compared a white tail deer herd to that of an Elk herd. And I never said they never kill bulls an bucks. My statement was that they will pick an easy meal over a difficult one given the choice. But again my apologies if any of you were offended.

Appearently I've misjudged the seriousness of the situation out west. My apologies. However the info I stated about Wisconsin is correct. I shouldn't have compared a white tail deer herd to that of an Elk herd. And I never said they never kill bulls an bucks. My statement was that they will pick an easy meal over a difficult one given the choice. But again my apologies if any of you were offended.

Wisconsin is definitely a different situation than we have here out west. They kill for sport it doesn't matter if they are big bulls and healthy or little babies. They do the same to live stock and pets.

I dont understand how it can be claimed that they kill up to 30,000 deer a year plus cattle and all the other animals they kill and eat,

They were all wiped out in the 1950s? But re-introduced in the mid 1990s in yellowstone,

There are an estimated 7,000 to 11,200 wolves in Alaska and more than 5,000 in the lower 48 states. Around the world there are an estimated 200,000 in 57 countries

With over a million Elk NOT Counting Mules and Caribou and other small animals, So if you said that they ONLY killed 10,000 Elk per year with a population of over 1,000,000 (million) of Elk ALONE 10,000 thats only 1% of the Elk population and the fact that the Elk reproduce more than 100,000 per year then Wolve's are no threat to the Elk Population because take off the 10,000 theres still 90,000 going spare,

I feel that some folks are trying to justfiy shooting Wolves when the fact is YOU Dont have to, and when you consider that you get your Elk Tags with the amount that your are allowed to shoot per year and the fact that some have shot 4, 5, 10 or more wolves a year because theres no limit on them, I give it 10 years and they will be gone again.

Someone here posted it being a can of worms and they are right IT IS,

Maybe if the Wolve's kill cattle then maybe its down to the Farmers/Ranchers to kill them, But I have seen City folks buy all the gear and head out into the bush and shoot anything that moves and I have seen reckless hunters do like wise,

With this topic it is a Double Edged Sword and the bottom line is that Wolve's are not going to leave the Hunter's with nothing to Shoot and its more of a matter of honesty and Tollerance

John

John,

where are these 1 million elk you speak of? Where did you get this number? What year did you get your wolf numbers in the lower 48 at? Who said anything about only 10,000 a year? Where are these caves you speak of? Wolves have put the fear of god in these elk and they are aborting their young before they are even born..

I hate to point this out to you but you don't live here in Montana Idaho or Wyoming. You don't have first hand experience with these wolves and what they are doing here! They kill for fun as if it is a game leave elk lay dead with some that havent even been chewed on! They have completely DESTROYED our elk and deer population here! I have no idea where you get your numbers but you are wrong! Last hunting season I hunted hard and I seen more wolves then I did elk. I hunted all over our great state of Montana and it was dead every where!!

Shooting them like coyotes with no limits. You say they we will be all gone in 10 years..

Well coyotes, for example we can shoot them year round with no limits and there seems to still be a very healthy population of them around these parts!

Personally I have never heard of anyone killing 4,5 or 10 wolves a year. What you don't understand is that wolves are very hard to hunt! They are very smart and getting even smarter every time someone shoots at them! As I said I seen a ton of wolves last year how many did I get.... None! There is no such thing as a 100 yard shot at a wolf unless they are charging you! They are to smart! It's 6 or 700 yards to infinity! 6-700 yard shot is something that most magnum hunting rifles are very capable of but the **** things never stop running!

Oh and there is a lot of family's that aren't eating elk meet this year or last year or the year before due to what the wolves have done. I personally have been very fortunate to get an elk every year up until this last year for a very long time. I understand its not shooting it's hunting but I hunted and I can count on my two hands how many elk I seen last season!

I dont understand how it can be claimed that they kill up to 30,000 deer a year plus cattle and all the other animals they kill and eat,

They were all wiped out in the 1950s? But re-introduced in the mid 1990s in yellowstone,

There are an estimated 7,000 to 11,200 wolves in Alaska and more than 5,000 in the lower 48 states. Around the world there are an estimated 200,000 in 57 countries

With over a million Elk NOT Counting Mules and Caribou and other small animals, So if you said that they ONLY killed 10,000 Elk per year with a population of over 1,000,000 (million) of Elk ALONE 10,000 thats only 1% of the Elk population and the fact that the Elk reproduce more than 100,000 per year then Wolve's are no threat to the Elk Population because take off the 10,000 theres still 90,000 going spare,

I feel that some folks are trying to justfiy shooting Wolves when the fact is YOU Dont have to, and when you consider that you get your Elk Tags with the amount that your are allowed to shoot per year and the fact that some have shot 4, 5, 10 or more wolves a year because theres no limit on them, I give it 10 years and they will be gone again.

Someone here posted it being a can of worms and they are right IT IS,

Maybe if the Wolve's kill cattle then maybe its down to the Farmers/Ranchers to kill them, But I have seen City folks buy all the gear and head out into the bush and shoot anything that moves and I have seen reckless hunters do like wise,

With this topic it is a Double Edged Sword and the bottom line is that Wolve's are not going to leave the Hunter's with nothing to Shoot and its more of a matter of honesty and Tollerance

John

John,

where are these 1 million elk you speak of? Where did you get this number? What year did you get your wolf numbers in the lower 48 at? Who said anything about only 10,000 a year? Where are these caves you speak of? Wolves have put the fear of god in these elk and they are aborting their young before they are even born..

I hate to point this out to you but you don't live here in Montana Idaho or Wyoming. You don't have first hand experience with these wolves and what they are doing here! They kill for fun as if it is a game leave elk lay dead with some that havent even been chewed on! They have completely DESTROYED our elk and deer population here! I have no idea where you get your numbers but you are wrong! Last hunting season I hunted hard and I seen more wolves then I did elk. I hunted all over our great state of Montana and it was dead every where!!

Shooting them like coyotes with no limits. You say they we will be all gone in 10 years..

Well coyotes, for example we can shoot them year round with no limits and there seems to still be a very healthy population of them around these parts!

Personally I have never heard of anyone killing 4,5 or 10 wolves a year. What you don't understand is that wolves are very hard to hunt! They are very smart and getting even smarter every time someone shoots at them! As I said I seen a ton of wolves last year how many did I get.... None! There is no such thing as a 100 yard shot at a wolf unless they are charging you! They are to smart! It's 6 or 700 yards to infinity! 6-700 yard shot is something that most magnum hunting rifles are very capable of but the **** things never stop running!

Oh and there is a lot of family's that aren't eating elk meet this year or last year or the year before due to what the wolves have done. I personally have been very fortunate to get an elk every year up until this last year. I understand its not shooting it's hunting but I hunted and I can count on my two hands how many elk I seen last season!

Hello Mate,

The figures I quoted are from various site I searched on and I dont have an issue with folks shooting them, 1) its nothing to do with me, 2) I dont have to live with them in my life, and I do pitty the Farmers being Robbed of their livelyhoods,

And No I dont live in MT though I wish I did, And Most of all I'm not against shooting anything if it has to be done then I'm good with that and I wrote what I did from a view of If all those figures are surposed to be correct the why are the Farmers lossing their lively hoods, because if the wolves are killing cattle and sheep then the people who say we (the US) have X amount of Elk must be lying because the hunter havent taken them all so that means the Wolves must have,

Which means these figure about the Wolves are lies, and the fact is most wolf attacks are not publisized and I dont believe for one minate that these fluffy little doggies care about who or what they kill or even if they send some poor Farmer bankrupt or not, Just last week I got into it with a bunch of greenies over killing Coyote's and I got so angry with them that I sent an email to them and I got some lame answer back and not One Question answered, And the easiest way to shut them up is to ask for proof and that is one thing that they could not provide.

The point I was trying to make is if those figures are surposed to be correct (haha) then why are there so many attacks surely a Wolf cant be in all those place's at the One time, Like many here I dont have an issue shooting anything as long as I'm not breaking the Law and if I had the chance to shoot Wolves I am sure I would do that too,

See because you guys that have to live with them in your lives alot of misleading info gets put about, for example city folk make up these Laws but closest most of them folks come to a wild animal is the Gucci shoes or handbags that they bought their wives last Christmas (or their Secretary's) without their wives knowing, As Hunters we do what we do because thats who we are and I wont justify why we do it because why should we,

In OZ we measure Farms in Sq Kms/ Sq Miles and its pretty mich the same in the US so how the heck can these people go out and count these so called million Elk and these 5000 Wolves when we all know that a Wolf will cover 40 miles in a night so that leaves a lot of hours for them to slip through the net, and the tree huggers just want the arrrr factor and it is all very well releasing the wonders of nature back into the wild but who's gonna pick up the Tab for that, yet these researcher release them using government funding and wasting tax payers money and in the process wipping out the Farmers,

As for the honesty and tollerance bit that I wrote, The honesty part relates to the fact that the wolves are no longer protected so what comes with that is its down to the Farmers and Hunters and maybe WF&G to keep the numbers down because by removing the protection law on them releases the come back on the researchers that was funded by the government in the first place which means the Farmers dont get compensated on their losses, and the fact is we shoot what we do because thats what we do not because we are trying to save some Polititions rear, and the pictures i have seen here on Elk that have been killed and left is just crazy when you consider that there is a Law in the US called WANT and WASTE which carries $5000 fines and a few years in Jail, Which I think with these dead Elk the same Law should apply to the people who released the wolves in the first place because what happens if you let you dog do that kind of stuff, mmmm,

I hope I have answered some of your questions and the fact that I am not a US Citizen is my Perril and a Cross I have to bare, But please note I am So Pro American even down the things I buy and the way I think.

God Bless America,

john

An email I had received in 2012 (can only imagine the numbers today)

These wolves are not native to Idaho or Montana or Wyoming or even Canada. They are an artificial breed created by genetic manipulation. The only reason they are referred to as "Canadian" wolves is because the breeding facility where they were created is in Canada. The US government paid a million dollars apiece for the specimens that they introduced into the lower 48 and they were warned at the time, by the biologist in charge of the breeding program, that these wolves would devastate the existing ecosystem…and that is exactly what has happened. This was indeed "enemy action" intended to destroy the game herds in the Rockies.
The Idaho Wolf
The wolf people wanted to re-introduce the wolf into Idaho were it is part of the ecosystem.
What they didn't tell you was the Canadian wolf was not native to Idaho.

image.jpg

This is a picture of a pack of 25 wolves taken in the Weippe area in Idaho. Each one of these eats 24 Elk per year. This group alone will consume 600 Elk this year. That doesn't even factor in the "sport kills."

image.jpg

The Canadian Gray Wolf runs in packs of up to twenty wolves. For every one animal they kill to eat, these Canadian wolves kill about three more just for the fun of it. The biologists call it "sport-reflex killing" or "lustful killing". The Canadian Gray Wolf is a killing machine. These are federal wolves, as it was the federal government who introduced them into Idaho over our objections. They told the State of Idaho that the wolves would be considered recovered when they had a total of 100 wolves in Idaho .
Now they have between 800 and 2,000 wolves and the situation is out of control. Idaho 's wolf emergency is a state issue. And in this situation, the State of Idaho has both a duty and the authority to protect its people and their property. House Bill 343 lays out the facts, the argument and the authority to do so. - Idaho Rep Phil Hart.

Here is another one. If you were 6 foot tall and one of these wolves stood on its hind legs they would look down on you! Something needs to change.

Attachments

• wolf1.jpg
    wolf1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 139
They are massive, I have never seen any that size, even the small is bigger than the ones I've seen, That first one looks more like a Direwolf,

This is the second time I have seen animal re introduced back in to the wild, In the UK some idiot let loose a load of wild boar and now they chase people and live stock and will go into the towns walking past people or chasing them and the trouble is you are not allowed to kill them and so we are stuck with them.

john

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.