"Restoration of Gray Wolves" initiative in CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten to where I just bypass the middle man and write "Rule 4 Violation" and let everyones imagination take care of it.
Good idea.
I've got it for putting z's in pi**ed. But see H*ll and cr*p go unchecked . Too PC for me.
The sniffer is set too sensitive .

Last edited:
Hey guys I know this might not be the right place to ask this but I hope I don't offered anyone. I just wanted to know I your opinion how often does a wolf have to eat. I looked in another form that was going on and didn't want to ask there. It was pretty heated. I saw a figure and it wasn't once a week. By my Eastern Oregon math skills. I have bird dog's they eat every day. We run GPS on them and they go from 20 to 30 miles depending on the hunt. They don't hunt every day and sleep in a warm house. By no means do I think my dogs are in the same class as a wolf. If a wolf makes a kill will they come back to it or will they kill again. Do they kill just for fun? Just wanted to know because I don't have any Wolf experience. I do have a opinion and it's the same as yours I believe. Thank you for your time. Have a great night

Just saw a story on the local news this morning that said that grey wolf have been sighted/documented in Moffett county and they had video....maybe CO gvt will now recognize they are already here.

Hey guys I know this might not be the right place to ask this but I hope I don't offered anyone. I just wanted to know I your opinion how often does a wolf have to eat. I looked in another form that was going on and didn't want to ask there. It was pretty heated. I saw a figure and it wasn't once a week. By my Eastern Oregon math skills. I have bird dog's they eat every day. We run GPS on them and they go from 20 to 30 miles depending on the hunt. They don't hunt every day and sleep in a warm house. By no means do I think my dogs are in the same class as a wolf. If a wolf makes a kill will they come back to it or will they kill again. Do they kill just for fun? Just wanted to know because I don't have any Wolf experience. I do have a opinion and it's the same as yours I believe. Thank you for your time. Have a great night
I would think they would hunt whenever hungry and consume what they kill as fast as they can. Depending on how many wolves and size of kill it could be every day or other ? Good question . I'm sure they can go awhile without eating also. Let's see what everybody else says.

Just saw a story on the local news this morning that said that grey wolf have been sighted/documented in Moffett county and they had video....maybe CO gvt will now recognize they are already here.
I'm not familiar with where Moffett Co. is but I was guessing when they release wolves it would be in the 4 Corners area so they could get them into all 4 states more easily.

I would think they would hunt whenever hungry and consume what they kill as fast as they can. Depending on how many wolves and size of kill it could be every day or other ? Good question . I'm sure they can go awhile without eating also. Let's see what everybody else says.
They sometimes gorge for awhile then hang around the kill a day or two depending on how big it is. They lick the bones clean. If they're real hungry they'll work on the bones to get to the marrow. That takes a few days on elk or moose. Whitetail they eat down to the hide and will come back after the hair loosens and eat that. Depends on pack though. A big pack has to kill every couple days. If they get into sheep it's over. They'll kill a bunch and come back once they realize how easy they are to kill. My grandma said in Wyoming before the war the men slept with the sheep in the mountains during summer. Sometimes at night before the men could catch up the wolves would kill 15 or 20 sheep before they could run them off. When the men all got drafted the poor young girls had the responsibility to guard the sheep. She said they always tried to get a non farmer boyfriend so someone would keep them company on those scary mountain nights.
My buddy had a run in with 6 coyotes yesterday. His big male hound picked up a track and ran into a kill site. Next thing he knew the dog ran out past him after he heard a heck of a fight and right on his heels was the pack. They hit the brakes but didn't go too far. He's 80 something and still chases hounds all winter. He quit going to the U.P. after he lost a few to wolves.

I'm not familiar with where Moffett Co. is but I was guessing when they release wolves it would be in the 4 Corners area so they could get them into all 4 states more easily.
moffet is the NW corner--where some of the best elk and moose hunting is of course-- I had heard that they planed to release the "restoration wolves" on the western slope, but not exactly sure where

moffet is the NW corner--where some of the best elk and moose hunting is of course-- I had heard that they planed to release the "restoration wolves" on the western slope, but not exactly sure where
ok. thank you. I elk hunted once out of Meeker on N/W side once and out of Durango once for elk .

Where in North America are there wolves aplenty? Canada.
Does Canada have moose, deer, and elk aplenty? Yes, so many that American hunters pay big bucks to go there to hunt. You could say the same for Alaska, although you'd have to add caribou and the greatest bears to the list. The real enemies of our large, wild, ungulates, are human intrusion, development, and destruction of habitat/migration corridors. Show me one state in the lower 48 where documented Wolf predation exceeds road kill.

Show me one state in the lower 48 where documented Wolf predation exceeds road kill.
Here ya go, climb out from underneath your rock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200110-062613_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200110-062613_Google.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 118
Here ya go, climb out from underneath your rock.
Really? Is it necessary to throw in a personal barb with the information you wish to add to the discussion? Information which, by the way, does not refute my point that human activity is the greater detriment to the deer/elk population. Native predators and prey reach an equilibrium. Always have, always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.