Question for Lefties

I'm right handed, Left eye dominant and primarily shoot left handed but can shoot right handed. I've never had a left handed bolt gun, only right handed. Im pretty satisfied. I will probably never own a left handed bolt gun
I'm in the same boat. Its what you get used to that matters.

I've been a firearms instructor for most of my career. I just adopted two boys; one is a leftie. So, for all of you lefties, IF you learned to shoot a right handed bolt rifle, do you wish you would have learned on a left bolt rifle from the beginning or are you glad you learned on a right handed rifle (before switching to a left bolt rifle)?
For long guns and archery, it should be based on EYE Dominance, not hand dominance. Handguns should be prioritized with Hand dominance and trained with weak side drills as well.
The shooting industry is missing the boat-- the Left Side market is not just 10% that they're willing to overlook and ignore; it is no less than one-third of people that would shoot better with left hand controls and sighting setups.
Too many outdated faith, cultural, and traditional practices have hindered the enjoyment, success, and perpetuation by many who have difficulty because of limitations imposed on them by short-sighted decision-makers.
Look up Eye Dominance and Cross Dominance and please share the info you find with others.
This will get you started; set for archery, but applicable:
the link wasn't saving properly, so Copy and Paste into your browser, and remove the three spaces:
https://www. youtube. com/watch?v= KaEKsFIze9Q&list=LL&index=5

I consider myself a lefty as far as shooting goes but I throw and bat righty, write, kick and shoot lefty (including pool). Back when I started shooting close to 60 years ago the only companies that had left hand bolts were Savage and Weatherby and I couldn't afford a Weatherby. In fact I couldn't even afford a Savage. My first year hunting I used a Win 94 then graduated to a Rem 760 pump. I also got a hand me down RH bolt which I used for years until I could afford a LH bolt. I think using the RH bolt to start helped be become a better shot because I had to concentrate on making that first shot count because dropping the rifle off the shoulder to cycle then reacquiring the target was difficult at best.
Today all my bolt actions are LH except for my new Bergara rimfire which is RH. I still occasionally get caught with my pants down and have to shoot a deer right handed.
I'd say let your youngin decide what he/she wants. I'd say get the leftie a LH and the rightie a RH.