Had fiftydriver do a little project for me and its been done for about two weeks. Between fighting wildfires and finishing the stock and wrestling with pic posting I decided to at least give you guys the skinny and try the pic thing again later...maybe much later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Rifle started as a ruger youth ultralight mod 77 mkII in 243. It wouldn't print 5" groups consistantly. Sent it to Kirby begging for help. Here is the final result and some of the probs along the way. Caliber - 243Ackley improved. Went this route because was going to use factory barrel and kirby had the reamer in stock. Stock - Richards microfit laminated in royal camo, wildcat thumbhole profile. Took some serious work to inlet the action, Kirby did an awesome job and pillar bedded as well. Exterior was extremely rough but some hardcore sanding and she is as smooth as silk and gorgeous.Was dissapointed with the as shipped product but pleased with the final probably my fault being a first time custom stock order. Barrel - 30" Pac-Nor supermatch fluted and blued 1 in 10 twist. Was trying to use the factory barrel since it only had a few hundred rounds through it but the bore was off center and kirby recommended a new barrel. I swear if you look at the old one it looks off center to the naked eye.(my wife thought so too) Trigger - Stock ruger tuned to 3#. Crisp and no creep wanted to go lighter but didn't pass the impact test. I'm ok with the way it works for now but may go with an aftermarket later. Action - Stock ruger mod 77 mkII trued and accurized. Not sure how much work was required to true it up but the final result is impressive so far. Scope - IOR 2.5x10x42 Illum mp8 reticle on leupold 30mm ruger bases/rings. Scope is awesome and I love it! best ive ever owned so far. Rings are a little pricey even though the ruger design is a good idea. Would like to be able to use some of my weaver rings and bases but I knew this going in and am ok with it. I also have a ruger in 22-250. Range results - Kirby did a range test and had 3 shot gps < 1/2" at 100 yds using formed brass and a load he threw together. I went to the range with a bunch of garbage loads(med load of 4831 and various small lots of bullets in differing weights)for fire forming and was getting gps in the 1/2 - 3/4 inch range @ 100 yds with little or no effort as I was there for barrel break in and fire forming. So far 50 rounds formed and break in done so will go form 50 more tomorrow(range time cut short due to fire on ranch flared up and had to go fight it again). I will try a little harder to get tighter groups with the next 50 forming rounds then the real tweaking comes to play and will try to get her up to snuff for you guys. Pics - Really frustrated with this. My wife took some good pics with her digital camera but my dialup takes so long to upload/download that I tried for 4/5 days to do and gave up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gifI will try again from her work unless someone can help me out here and give me some pointers or something. Gunsmithing - I can't say enough good stuff about the job kirby did for me. He was patient, helpful, explained the whole process and had to work a little (lot) harder to get the action inletted than he was expecting and quoted the price on. He was generous in the barrel transaction and did an outstanding job on the workmanship as far as I can tell.I recommend him and will use him again on my next project with some new found knowledge(lessons learned) if he will have my business. Sorry this is so long but a pic would have been worth a thousand words. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'll keep you all posted on the development process.