Opinions about buying camo...

usastripes

I am wanting to get your opinions on buying your camo clothes based on what's most important to you personally along with what camo patterns & style you prefer...

What's more important to you when buying camo:
1. Price? (low cost or high)
2. Quality
3. Where it's made? (USA or Out of Country)
4. Any other??

With camo patterns, what pattern(s) do y'all like the most & do you prefer Digital print or 3D???

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your opinions!

Kind of a mix of all those.

Pattern varies with where/when hunt takes place.

Cost is becoming a huge factor if one is looking at skin out systems of clothing.

Good bad or otherwise I've ended up with Sitka for the most part in open country. No complaints other than cost. Since I originally got set up about 6-7 years ago I've learned much on layering through experience in use. You will generally be fine with any of the name brands. The real issue is having enough of a variety to adapt to the situation.

I buy only three brands which fit the terrain I hunt. If any of the three aren't on sale, I wait till it is.

Coloration to fit the terrain and comfort. Partial to this Kings I have had for several years in Advantage/prairie(?)

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 30
Good bad or otherwise I've ended up with Sitka for the most part in open country. No complaints other than cost. Since I originally got set up about 6-7 years ago I've learned much on layering through experience in use. You will generally be fine with any of the name brands. The real issue is having enough of a variety to adapt to the situation.

when you say price, can you give me a price range and camo type.

I agree that it looks like it could be a headspace/chambering problem. Two or three more firings on your brass and there's a good chance that the case will separate or split right on that line. I have owned two rifles over the years, one a 338 Lapua, the other a 270WSM that displayed the same ring right where the case webbing thins out into the case wall. Both rifles were improperly headspaced, very critical with high intensity rounds that don't have a belt for the added support. IMO.

I buy only three brands which fit the terrain I hunt. If any of the three aren't on sale, I wait till it is.

wow, if you don't find a camo that helps you fit in the environment, you'd cancel a hunt; no alternatives?

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.