buying a rifle

Discussion in 'Equipment Discussions' started by cva54, Dec 30, 2008.

1. cva54

cva54 Well-Known Member

gun)going get a new or used rifle mostly for deer want to start bear hunting in MN all ready got a 700 in .06 NEED 1 for me and my son he is 15 shoots the .06 just fine. ? I got is what brand and cal bolt action want the best with littel monney as pos. I WILL ACTURISE IT looks are on the bottom uf the list

2. britz

britz Well-Known Member

IMHO, if you intend to leave it a factory rifle for ever, get a Tikka T3 lite. If you intend to have a platform for working with in the future, get a Rem SPS or a Savage.

3. RockZ

RockZ Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with a savage. They are accurate, good trigger and you can get custom replacement barrels very inexpensively.

4. cva54

cva54 Well-Known Member

thats what Ive been looking at a savage 110 dont know if I want to go new enough for the acutriger

5. britz

britz Well-Known Member

IMHO, the accutrigger is about 50% of what makes a savage a good buy. If you don't get one w/ that trigger than you will just end up buying a different trigger for it in the future. Trigger pull is huge in accuracy.

6. RockZ

RockZ Well-Known Member

+1 Britz

7. cva54

cva54 Well-Known Member

ok then that what I needed to know

8. esshup

esshup Well-Known Member

They changed the safety as well when they changed to the Accutrigger. It is much easier to work now with gloves on than pre-accutrigger. Another reason to get the Savage with the Accutrigger in my book.