opinions needed

pressman

i have a nightforce scope in MOA reticles.
since they do not make a spotting scope with moa reticles. ohly mildot. or the tmr
i was wondering if by changing my power settings on my scope. like 14 or something instead of 22 power for ranging would that change my moa to mildot so that my spotting scope and rifle scope would match??? just wanting something for practicing long range. long at the shot through the spotting scope read the mildot and then make a quick correction on scope.
just my thought i would love to here from some other people.

Yes that would work. You might want to use 2 lines if you have the NP-R1 (at least on the vertical crosshair) to keep from turning the power too far down. If you have the NP-R2 then it would be just 1 line. I'm just guessing, but somewhere around 13-15 power should do it.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Nightforce will put whatever reticle you need into your scope. You could get a mil reticle put into your scope instead.

Well guys i don't know if you are interested but i had 2 different people double check me and with the 5.5 X 22 npr1 reticule in the second focal plane you can turn it down to 12 power and use it also as a mil-dot(fine lines) which by some people is more accurate for getting the range to the target. Also for target shooting if someone is spotting for you with the Leopold mark 4 spotting scope with the TMR or mil dot reticule it will make calling the wind out on the second shot very quick. on 12 power 2 moa lines = one mil line. so with the NPR1 reticule you will get 1/2 mil ( the small 1 moa line) and then 1 mil. on the longer 2 moa line)
just a bit of information that i have never seen published before.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.