buying a rifle

cva54

gun)going get a new or used rifle mostly for deer want to start bear hunting in MN all ready got a 700 in .06 NEED 1 for me and my son he is 15 shoots the .06 just fine. ? I got is what brand and cal bolt action want the best with littel monney as ***. I WILL ACTURISE IT looks are on the bottom uf the list

IMHO, if you intend to leave it a factory rifle for ever, get a Tikka T3 lite. If you intend to have a platform for working with in the future, get a Rem SPS or a Savage.

You can't go wrong with a savage. They are accurate, good trigger and you can get custom replacement barrels very inexpensively.

thats what Ive been looking at a savage 110 dont know if I want to go new enough for the acutriger

IMHO, the accutrigger is about 50% of what makes a savage a good buy. If you don't get one w/ that trigger than you will just end up buying a different trigger for it in the future. Trigger pull is huge in accuracy.

They changed the safety as well when they changed to the Accutrigger. It is much easier to work now with gloves on than pre-accutrigger. Another reason to get the Savage with the Accutrigger in my book.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.