Nosler long range accbond and my experience.

Michael let me add for those who don't understand. The keyholing effect described above is when the bullet impacts the target sideways similar to a deflected or tumbling bullet can.

Thank you WR! Sometimes I forget to look at my words through the eyes of others, especially when those words are meant to 'educate'.

I shot every animal this year with a shot that affected the spine between the middle of the neck and the shoulder and only one did not require me to dispatch the animal when I got to it, ya they were immobile but very far from a clean kill IMO. If the wound channels are thin a spine shot is not lethal unless it's very far forward, if your wound channel cuts the dorsal aorta it's very lethal and any shot that goes under the spine should affect that artery if the bullet is creating a large permanent wound channel not just pushing a bullet through tissue.

Any shot that goes through the ribs should yield a stone dead animal upon retrieval with the proper bullet function IMO.
X2 on the dorsal aorta. My favorite moose shot other than a neck shot is the high shoulder taking out the artery and dropping them in their tracks. They expire as fast as a boiler room shot without the tracking.

Reuben

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.