Nosler long range accbond. Any kills???

Southern texas cull buck not long range but 265 yards . 150 LRA 7mm-08

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 60
Would it make you worry if a 6.5mm 130 ab from a 6.5-284 at > 3000fps didn't pass through a 172 pound whitetail buck from SC at a distance of about 1 yard?

I killed my buck, dropped him at 60 yards with a pass through, with the first shot, walked up on him and he was still blinking so I put a second one in him at point blank and I recovered that bullet. I'm not sure what to think about that myself.

I guess not really. I have seen weird stuff personally happen with them but a little more extreme velocity than that. Before we started really long ranging we shot a lot of 338 rums. We only shot to 700 max and was not the best. But we ran the 180 accubonds and 3550 fps. My dad shot this bull at 60 yards 3 times and let me tell you the only thing that saved him was three hits. Those bullets barely made it into the chest cavity and that bull never bled one drop. I am sure people will say this or that but that is how it was.

Anyone compared the surface bearing lengths of the LRAB 150 to the standard BT's? Also to the 175 gr. Thinking of trying in my 7mag which is 26", 9 twist and guessing what the MV's would be?

Anyone compared the surface bearing lengths of the LRAB 150 to the standard BT's? Also to the 175 gr. Thinking of trying in my 7mag which is 26", 9 twist and guessing what the MV's would be?

I'm guessing 2950-3000 fps with a stout charge of Retumbo or H1000 for the 175 in a 26" 7RM.

Great info here. Heard good things so far about the ABLR. I ran the 150 ABLR (270WSM 3140FPS) into jugs at 10 yards. Recovered bullets weighing about 30% but a perfect expanded bullet. They will shed alot of weight, but still hold together. Most will probably get caught in the hide on the far side.. They seem good to me though.

I will be trying the 168's soon too.

150ABLR's

beretzs,
Have you had any experience on hunting with them. Also have you compared these to like a berger in the same test. I think these bullets blow hard and then penetrate without much poop behind it. Just a theory.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts