My long range rifle and first shots

jkward

This is my first "long range rifle" and first 208yd shots. By long range I mean I am hoping to get out to 700yd accurately. I know that many of you would not have went this route but I am very satisfied, since I purchased it on a limited budget and it has worked very well for me. It is a Weatherby Vanguard .308. The scope is a BSA Catseye 4-16x44, Its just what I had. These are the first three shots at 208 yds. I had sighted it in eariler this week at 100yds and iwanted to go out today and try 200. I know that it is a cheap setup, but being my first I am thrilled I am going out tomorrow and shooting out to 500yds. weather permitting...
IMG00134-20100416-2129.jpg
IMG00136-20100416-2148.jpg

Good shooting! Tell us how it does at 500.

And keep having fun...that's what it's about....not how much your stuff costsgun)....although it sounds like you are about to be afflicted with an expensive illness!

Thanks, Im using the Hornday Superformance .308 165gr. SST factory rounds. I just got my reloading equipment and I have an "old Pro" coming over to teach me. I'm going to be trying to duplicate these rounds, as they have worked very well for me.

Wel it looks like your equipment and ammo are performing very well. Chrono it, print a drop chart and stretch it out. Looks like your ready.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.