Nosler long range accbond. Any kills???

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by HuntFarther, Nov 12, 2013.

1. HuntFarther

HuntFarther Well-Known Member

Has anyone shot anything with the new long range accubonds. If so what happened both good and bad. Also any pictures.

Also how are the b.c's working out. Thanks

2. loco4coues

loco4coues Active Member

My brother shot this coues deer in October. 810 yards. .270 Winchester. 150 grain LRAB. Shoulder and vitals completely destroyed, no exit. BC worked for his calculations.

Attached Files:

3. cohunter14

cohunter14 Well-Known Member

4. HuntFarther

Thanks for the information. It makes me a little worried if at 810 with a 270 Winchester you cannot get through a coes deer. I have heard these bullets are blowing worst than a ballistic tip. A few animals are not enough information to judge. Maybe a few big bull elk and a moose wouldn't hurt.

5. jkupper

jkupper Well-Known Member

I don't suppose you have a photo of the bullet remnants?

6. loco4coues

loco4coues Active Member

He didn't look for any and I wasn't with him to look myself. Sorry. He has a bull elk hunt next week that he might use this combo on. He hasn't decided yet.

7. loco4coues

loco4coues Active Member

I could have been more specific too. The shot was quartering away, the bullet enetered about halfway back, destroyed the vitals and broke the off side shoulder. Decent penetration and performance considering.

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Or you could be pleased that the bullet still was able to open up at the relatively low terminal velocity.

9. loco4coues

loco4coues Active Member

Agreed. My brother is shooting that 150 grain LRAB at 2860 fps from a 25" barrel behind 50.5 grains of IMR 4831. At 810 yards it was going about 1897 fps and hit with about 1199 fpe. The deer didn't take a step, just folded.

10. jkupper

Thanks. I was wondering how many grains may have been left after the shot. Sounds like the bullet did a good job for sure!

11. meat head

meat head Well-Known Member

Sound's like it done it's job to me. Nice deer congrats !! gun)

12. HuntFarther

I do agree just wondering if it is blowing up still or opening really well what is it going to do if driven hard and close on tougher skin animals?

13. HuntFarther

I want it to be known I am in no way saying this bullet is working or not working just wanted to know what people that have first hand experience are finding. I do appreciate this and I am not trying to turn this into a berger or any other bullet comparison. Thanks guys for the info so far.

14. jkupper

I agree. I do not really have a favorite bullet, just a list of bullets that shoot accurately and kill well out of my guns. I shoot Berger's in my 7 RM and my 30-06. I shoot Nosler's in my 30-06 and 220 swift. I shoot Hornady out of my 243. I have favorites, per gun, but I am always willing to give a new pill a try if it shows promise.