No semi's for big game.

I don't think you should be able to own a vehicle that goes over the speed limit. I also don't think you should be able to own or any rifle other than a single shot 30-06 because there is no need for any other calibers or styles of rifles.

i don't think you should be able to own a vehicle that goes over the speed limit. I also don't think you should be able to own or any rifle other than a single shot 30-06 because there is no need for any other calibers or styles of rifles.

lmao

Ok back to PA. didn't say yes to semi autos before Yobuck starts bitchen about hunting seasons and archery and whatever BS he's trying to sling.
I've talked with a PGC officer from my area he has been with the commission for about 40 years and also wanted to have the semi's legalized for hunting big game. He pretty much said the same thing I did in the beginning of this thread there is a special select group of older people that don't want to change anything. IMO I think it's because they are afraid of change or somebody might up them one with a better rifle. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the lesson. I like your idea about the drone and more time for drinking beer so's we can whack deer with our ARs. :D

I'm surprised I don't see you over on the Hunting PA website Waynzee.
There has been much discussion there over this issue, and many who would agree with you.
There was also a post today in the fishing section with a video related to fishing from shore with drones for tuna. I'm talking about catching them, not just looking for them.
There was also quite a debate recently in the long range hunting section regarding the use of drones for scouting for deer.
Long range hunters in PA wont be using drones as scouts. But they just might be tempted to use them for sighter shots.
There is no doubt its coming, what we do about it is another matter, which will also divide us, and maybe worse if it isn't controlled.

Yobuck what you gotta do with them pesky drones is buy yourself a used semiauto shotgun ( which you should be able to get cheap since you can't use them for hunting) and use it to shoot them **** drones down!! Safest way to do that would be get in your tuna fishing boat and get offshore a ways so you don't have to worry about hitting anyone.

I'm surprised I don't see you over on the Hunting PA website Waynzee.
There has been much discussion there over this issue, and many who would agree with you.
There was also a post today in the fishing section with a video related to fishing from shore with drones for tuna. I'm talking about catching them, not just looking for them.
There was also quite a debate recently in the long range hunting section regarding the use of drones for scouting for deer.
Long range hunters in PA wont be using drones as scouts. But they just might be tempted to use them for sighter shots.
There is no doubt its coming, what we do about it is another matter, which will also divide us, and maybe worse if it isn't controlled.

Now I could see a future where hunters are on state game land roads with remote controls and drones flying in all directions locating deer, once the deer is located the hunters grab their ARs and go to the exact location and empty a 30 round magazine at the deer because the drone would send that exact location back to the hunter. Does that sound about right? I'll have to check out Hunting Pa website.

Following their vote, the commissioners said if growing support for hunting big game with semiautomatic rifles emerges at some point in the future, they will give consideration to further regulatory changes.
Fact-finding by Pennsylvania Game Commission staff revealed no higher incidence of hunting accidents in any state where semiautomatics are permitted, and many firearms experts have said they believe semiautomatics are safer in that they allow for continuous focus on the target and often require the shooter to absorb less recoil.
The survey on hunting with semiautomatic rifles also showed greater support among younger age groups for semiautomatic rifle hunting, including the use of semiautomatic rifles to hunt big game.
But no such provision will be adopted for the 2017-18 license year.
------------------------ Growing support?
I just found this on another forum.
Are you kidding me, does somebody have to kick some of these guys in the ***. The survey on hunting with semi autos showed greater support among younger age groups. And the game commission bitchs their losing the young people. WTH

Yobuck what you gotta do with them pesky drones is buy yourself a used semiauto shotgun ( which you should be able to get cheap since you can't use them for hunting) and use it to shoot them **** drones down!! Safest way to do that would be get in your tuna fishing boat and get offshore a ways so you don't have to worry about hitting anyone.

Did you ever notice, there are some people who never listen when others are talking?
They are simply thinking about what they wish to say next, and never hear anything else said.
Uhhh, semi auto shotguns (are legal), and have been for a very long time even in the backward state of PA.
Its just that some never stop crying over what they want, and don't ever think of what they already have. Did I say all of that clear enough to understand?
But of coarse me being the expert I am, can run an 870 just as fast as an 1100. Notice I didn't use the word (hit).
But wether or not I rig my boat for drone control is still in the thought stages.
I don't have many doubts however as to how that backward thinking red neck bunch in PA will respond to them.

So you are saying I can use a semi auto shotgun with slugs for deer hunting in PA?But not a semi auto rifle?
I am quite sure that by your comments on here that you are very ignorant.
Anyone that thinks that a person hunting with a semi auto is more dangerous then someone hunting with any other type of gun is absurd and needs to learn some common sense!
Not to mention how stupid you sound when you assume anyone who uses a AR is a redneck (I'm sure there are a few people in our military that do not take to kindly to those words)
As for people that don't listen when others are talking I'm quite sure this thread was started to discuss semis in PA. And was not intended to discuss drones expecially NOT tuna fishing with drones!!
I think it best if you thought about what you were typing before you hit send!

Well, Yobuck, there ya are. Looks like ya ****ed off another person on here.

I'm 59 years old and you're damned right I'm afraid when I see some of the things I've seen. Waynzee maybe the people you hunt with account for "every" round but I'm willing to bet that's not the case with all the so called "hunters" that go out into the field. Just this past deer season on first day, a hunter fired 5 rounds and still failed to kill the deer. 5 rounds - that means a reload. And then, another nearby hunter had to finish off the deer. EVERY deer or bear I've ever shot was a one-shot kill but that doesn't mean that some of the idiots who go out on first day are going to use just one shot. And YEAH, I own an AR and YEAH, I'm going to hunt coyotes with it but NO I do not think that many hunters are ethical enough or skilled enough to employ an AR platform.

Man, you bring a lot of meaness to this discussion.

That's it I'm calling my Congress person today to try to get them to make a law so only shingle shots can be used for hunting! I'm quite sure if this law passes everyone that hunts will be more responsible!
And it will be so so much safer!!
The way I look at it more laws is the only way!
Watch your news if it's anything like mine you will see how well laws work to keep law breakers from doing anything stupid!
It's almost boring watching the news.
In fact in my town we don't have any police officers we made a law against everything we didn't like and wouldn't you know everyone is responsible and follows the law.
I'm sure if you passed thru my town you would follow all the laws to!
Like coming to a complete stop at every stop sign, and never going over the speed limit also I'm sure you would always use your turn signal .
I'm fully convinced that more laws will make everyone more responsible!!!
And the best part is that more laws don't bother me as a law abiding citizen.
I LIKE BEING TOLD WHAT I can and can't do it definitely makes me feel like a free American!
I just wish there were more laws!
Like covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze that way nobody would never get sick.

This sounds like more people had a say in it than what they are letting on. The bunny hugging anti gun nuts have people in the government that tell them when these decsions are being made. You can but they had some whopper of a report made up to aide in this decsion. As mentioed what kind of action you want to use should be up to you. Or we could look at it another way may single shots should be banned because a quick follow up shot is not possible. No one would like this law and it would be based on the same kind of crap. It is our duty when we go hunting to make a humane shot that is up to is, We need to know the limits of our firearm. We should not applauld rules that limit what we can and can not use that is a bad idea that only leads to more government control.
I live in Canada and am so jealous of what you guys can hunt with and the freedoms you have. Fight to have this bill removed do not applaud it you will be sorry in the end. Not only that there are some very fine semi auto hunting rifles capable of great accuracy like the Browning Bar. Not every semi auto is a Ar that is media talk or democrat BS.

lightbulbIt don't get no simpler than that!lightbulb

lightbulbIt don't get no simpler than that!lightbulb

Man I'm glad we live in a free state like Mt, I was working with the local FWP all last week and the thought of more regulations make them sick to their stomach, it's refreshing to work with government employees who don't want more government!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.