Whats for Dinner? big game.

kc

Lets face it, I love Deer especialy in my skillet.
What is your opinion if Caribou was being served?
or Elk, or Moose? what are your opinions?
Where would you start?

Venison compromises 95% of the red meat that my family eats over the coarse of the year. I've been eating elk and deer my whole life and have had the opportunity to taste just about every game animal in North America. I'd rather eat wild game any day. It's leaner, no hormones, and I don't have to wonder if what I'm eating was abused in a feed lot before making an appearance on my table.

Elk-mmmmm. Best File Mignon ever came from a 18 month old cow.

Whitetail Deer-mmmmm. Even when they are in the middle of the rut they're still great to eat.

Mule Deer-mmmm. Shoot the little ones in November. The big ones can be gamey, but they make good summer sausage.

Pronghorn-mmmm. Get 'em on ice quick if it's warm when you shoot it.

Moose-mmmmm. Like shooting 6 mule deer in one. Bring friends to pack it out though.

Caribou-mmmmm. Only eaten it once, but I wouldn't hesitate to eat it again.

Big Horn Sheep-mmmmm. Not a big mutton fan, but it was pretty good.

Mountain Goat-mmmm. Not so much. Pretty gamey. They make nice rugs to hang on the wall though.

Black Bear-not interested in shooting one after having to eat the one my brother shot. I've had some pretty good bratwurst that was made from bear. Been told to shoot a spring bear for eating and fall bear for a rug.

Mountain Lion-mmm. Like super lean pork. Cat tacos are tasty.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.