First Big Game

Crane

This is my Eight year old with his first deer taken today. 128 yd perfect shoulder shot, didn't take a step. I was more nervous than he was when the deer appeared and before I could say "O.K. When ever you're rea....." BOOM! Didn't give me a chance to plug my ears.

Rifle is a Remington Mod. 7 in 7.08 loaded with 120gr ballistic tips. It has a Richards Microfit stock, pillar bedded, shortened appropriately with a limb saver pad, Leupold 3x9 VXII and David White installed his custom aluminium brake while shortening the barrel approximately 2 inches and re-crowning. I'm a proud papa; I told him he can always say he killed his first deer before he was able to ride in a car without a booster seat.
Spencer1stDeerDec2005-3.jpg

Crane:

Fantastic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It doesn't get any better than that. I'd say you have a hunting buddy for life from the looks of things.

Congrats to your young hunter and to you also for getting him started right. Never thought about the booster seat thing but I'll bet not many people can make the same claim that he can now.

I also like the fact that you outfitted him right and with something sized for his needs. I've seen too many people try and get their young ones to start out with a gun that's simply too big and they lose interest because they can't handle it. Keep us posted on his progress.

Congratulations to both of you are in order.
Memories that you both will not forget! Great shot!

Congratulations!

Looks like we're building a lot of new hunters this year.

Nice deer, fine looking young man.

RyanDeer1.jpg

It is fun to take our kids hunting. My boy was a little old this year when he got his first, this year also. Their deer are both such Booners.

65 yards with a borrowed .243 and 100gr Power Points.

Beanfieldrifle,

To your boys, those two deer are as good as any booner to us old farts. That excitement for hunting is why we do it.

Congrats to both of your boys and both of you as well!! Fine eating this winter!!

Kirby Allen(50)

My daugther who is now 20 shot her first deer when she was 12 and her first bear when she was 18 I was there for both.

Both times she said Hay Dad I think your more excited then me I would have to agree with her. Makes one very proud when one can bring them up right.

Too Lots of good hunting togather.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts