nightforce made in china??? - no -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do yourself a favor and just go away - you have no credibility here.

Too bad you feel that way. You should learn your subject matter before you go off telling people "they are spewing crap". The intent of my very first message way back in the forum was to let buyers know though they claim to be... they are not US manufactured. Don't have a breakdown. Go back to the beginning of the thread instead of jumping in the middle of a conversation. This is not about you it is about helping persons be aware.gun)

I guess so Flip, I should have added though the post is full of extreme inaccuracies. $50 scope? :rolleyes: Come on...

All I was trying to say is it would be nice to join a forum and add some useful content or communication first, so other members could get to know you a little before you go off on a negative product post like this. I will say there is a decent percentage of member here that use NF scopes and most like them just fine. This is why I feel the 1st post, from this new member, and the radical content of it, was a trolling post to provoke an argument.

Maybe not, but that is how I view it. And it looks like at least one other member agrees. Just my personal opinion.

Jeff

Jeff I agree with you. I am not "up" on the forum proto-call. I was just trying to tell the first posts that I have the same issue they do. I apologize if I stepped across a line. I was trying to help. I guess the best that came of this is we all agree the Japanese products are all pretty good and affordable. I have more Nikon's than any other scopes. I love em. Since you are a very well written please pass my apologies on. I am just a cranky old man when attacked. The thread goes back quite away.:cool:

Too bad you feel that way. You should learn your subject matter before you go off telling people "they are spewing crap". The intent of my very first message way back in the forum was to let buyers know though they claim to be... they are not US manufactured. Don't have a breakdown. Go back to the beginning of the thread instead of jumping in the middle of a conversation. This is not about you it is about helping persons be aware.gun)

Why don't you tell all of us just exactly which units are made in China?

Bmorgil,

Have you ever owned a NF scope?

Yes I have 3. They are very good and the only issue I ever had was for years I thought I was buying American. I am opposed to large item costs when buying from outsourced products. I love my Nikon's. My Super Snipers are very good. I have 4. I have Nikons on 26 range training AR's including one on the new 7.62x40WT. Very accurate and they will usually shoot the box. They take a beating in range time instruction. I have an old and a new Zeiss. The optics are incredibly clear. No difference old vs. new. I had no intention of starting trouble. I just wanted to share they were made as an outsourced product. Many of the old timers like me are still stinging from the rush of foreign product into this country. Anyone who buys a NF won't be disappointed (except for the price). Just remember they are not made in USA. The students always ask where the scopes are made (a compliment to Nikon). The boys beat me up pretty good on the forum! I understand all positions on this and, of course, I have my own. This forum is a good one and I think all your opinions are respected. I think someone jumped into the middle and should have started in the beginning. It was not me who was asking about this. There are several post well before mine that are all about the same issue.

Bob

looking at leupys the other day none of them said made in America. didn't see the made in America tag on any of them. Go to snipershide and ask the NF rep over there about the Chinese parts on NF I would like to see the answer you get

Still waiting for those Chinese made model numbers

Kurt, the nightforce product line is as american made as the Leupy line. I know guys that worked, are working, at both plants.

Still waiting for those Chinese made model numbers

Kurt, the nightforce product line is as american made as the Leupy line. I know guys that worked, are working, at both plants.

ya I know but this would be more interesting on the hide not quite as gentle over there

Just found this thread, funny story, I purchased a rifle from a "add" when I took off the Nikon Monarch I turned it over and it read "made in another country... not Japan". convinced I got ripped off, I called Nikon and they told me their scopes are made in other countries not just in Japan.....

My brand new g7 is stamped made in japan. I was ****ed and called gunwerks and they were not aware of this. Lol.

NF scopes have been made in Japan from day one. Every scope has been stamped as such. I have a REALLY hard time believing that the boys at Gunwerks were not fully aware of where these NF scopes were made.

Do yourself a favor and just go away - you have no credibility here.

Hey big shot platinum member smart a**.... find out where all the parts come from yet? I definitely will do myself a favor and block your posts completely. As far as credibility goes I don't need yours for sure. You are truly clueless.

If you like send me a message before High Power starts at Camp Perry. That's right I forgot to tell you, I live 10 miles away. I have been shooting there since I was 14. That would be 51 years. I would be glad to introduce you to some of the shooters.

If you could figure out a way to hook your brain back up you would find out what the top ten shooters last year used. If you have trouble push the little buttons on your computer and search for the top scopes at Perry used by the winners. let me help you. They were almost exclusively Schmidt Bender 1st thru 9th. One Night force, one Vortex high end and a couple more. The winners tell the real story. Look before you leap. Mr. credibility.

Very few optics are made in the USA period. I doubt you'll see "Made in the USA on many if any Leupold scopes these days"

Here's a Leupold CS response the question in another forum.

I am quite happy with my NF Scopes and anytime I have a had a question or needed some help NF CS has always come through in a timely, helpful and friendly manner,
Germany and Japan have almost without exception produced the best glass on the planet for decades which is why almost all high end optics will have glass made in one or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.