nightforce made in china??? - no -

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Leupold dropped the Vari-X line and went to the VX line that's when they started including a lot of "imported" materials and much of their overpriced stuff is now assembled overseas in Asia....

I've always been a Bushnell fan and at least their stuff is made in Japan and that's the same people that bring us Toyota and Honda... ;)

Now I'm starting to get some interest in the Nikon Buckmaster line and their stuff is very competitively priced.

I think we're all very lucky in the long run because optics are sooooo much better now than they've been, even in the recent past. :)

$bob$

As far as I know there are no high quality manufacturers of optical glass in the US. Therefore any good scope will have European (likely German) or Asian (likely Japanese) optical glass inside.

Manufacture of optical glass isn't really something some mom n' pop shop can set up to do.

Friend of mine living in Idaho is a retired LtCol and was more than disappointed when he received his Nightforce and saw "made in Japan" on the tube. We had both thought they were "made" in Orofino, Idaho where the company is located. So I bought a Leupold instead. They really are made in America.

Ignorance is ...bliss?
They really are not made in America

Leupold used to be made in the USA, but the optics were garbage and falling farther behind the market every year.
People complained so Leupold went to Japan....Problem solved, customers happy, prices went down and quality went UP. For a few years you couldn't give away another scope with the exception of the odd Bushnell welfare scopes....Thanks to American business savvy and Japanese quality.
USO glass is made in Japan.
Nightforce glass is made in Japan.

I believe Redfield represents the current state of the art in American optical glass...Perhaps you should try one of those?

finish-02-look-down.gif

The Gun Geek • View topic - The Shooting Sports Scope Brand Page

To my knowledge some lower magnification NF scopes are made in USA. The benchrest, NXS, Competition are made in Japan. Come to the US where they are disassembled and inspected. Reassembled, tested, and certified, then shipped out.

I pretty much know there aren't any scopes that are US made anymore. If you don't have a full custom rifle you are getting outsourced something I bet also. So I will support who supports my shooting sports. I am just starting out, but my friends have been at it for quite some time. At the big events you always see NF scopes given away as prizes.

Someone who puts jobs on US soil and diligently supports our shooting sports is why I have them in my gun cabinet.

That goes for most of my decisions when purchasing components, bullets, etc.....You support me I support you even if a couple bucks more.

Brent

the company in Japan that is making the glass and componets for nightforce is called light optical, they also make the Huskemaw brand and some of the higher end Nikon and kahles brands of scopes. the japanese quality of glass has improved to the point of giving the the Germans a run for their money.

As far as I know there are no high quality manufacturers of optical glass in the US. Therefore any good scope will have European (likely German) or Asian (likely Japanese) optical glass inside.

Manufacture of optical glass isn't really something some mom n' pop shop can set up to do.
None to my knowledge as well....Even Zeiss' Conquest line, the glass is produced @ their Germany facility, and then shipped to NY, and assembled there.

the company in Japan that is making the glass and componets for nightforce is called light optical, they also make the Huskemaw brand and some of the higher end Nikon and kahles brands of scopes. the japanese quality of glass has improved to the point of giving the the Germans a run for their money.
I'm pretty sure Kahles are built completely in Austria....It does say "Made in Austria" on my Kahles Helia KX, instead of "assembled in Austria", as if parts of it had been made elsewhere...

A lot of people underestimate the capability of the japanese machinist. All in all the japanese are right on par with americans but less regulated. The modern rifle scopes being used by the members of this forum are a testament to machining precision and demand a vast amount of precision pieces because the way they "stack" tolerances, as well as intense quality control. From a machinist standpoint i have no problem with the japanese. Probably 50% of american made products are made on japanese machines.

Do your homework. Everyone wants to rave about their $2000 scope you would be hurt to have people know you were mislead. Just one forum of many. You have to look through posts. Almost all the ratings are 5 star, you will find the truth however. What a ripoff. They are realy making money off this. $50 scopes for $2000!!!! Just search for "NightForce made in China". Everyone be aware before you buy. There is nothing in this scope of importance made in America. They even fooled a guy on Opticsplanet so badly he insulted me and insisted that Nightforce told him it was American made. It is not. NightForce is an outsourcing company in the United States. Most of their scopes now are made in China. Most of the assembly and internals are also China or other low cost labor areas. I felt bad for b##shot. He really got the wool pulled over his eyes! Nightforce had the gull to take him on a tour of their new facility. He was told it was for Manufacture. It is for Chinese container inventory. Some of the early Nightforce stuff was outsourced to Japan those are good $300 scopes and are similar to the Nikons from Japan. No Chinese scope will ever be worth $2000 of my money. China can make a fake like no other country.

Not the most informed first post one could make

Do your homework. Everyone wants to rave about their $2000 scope you would be hurt to have people know you were mislead. Just one forum of many. You have to look through posts. Almost all the ratings are 5 star, you will find the truth however. What a ripoff. They are realy making money off this. $50 scopes for $2000!!!! Just search for "NightForce made in China". Everyone be aware before you buy. There is nothing in this scope of importance made in America. They even fooled a guy on Opticsplanet so badly he insulted me and insisted that Nightforce told him it was American made. It is not. NightForce is an outsourcing company in the United States. Most of their scopes now are made in China. Most of the assembly and internals are also China or other low cost labor areas. I felt bad for b##shot. He really got the wool pulled over his eyes! Nightforce had the gull to take him on a tour of their new facility. He was told it was for Manufacture. It is for Chinese container inventory. Some of the early Nightforce stuff was outsourced to Japan those are good $300 scopes and are similar to the Nikons from Japan. No Chinese scope will ever be worth $2000 of my money. China can make a fake like no other country.

Not the most informed first post one could make

Really? Do you believe everyone knows this or, have you told everyone already? If you think it is not correct information I have one I will gladly sell you for $2000. The post was for those looking for a REAL review.
lightbulb Nice response. I'll bet your ton's of help.

Really RTK? Do you believe everyone knows this or, have you told everyone already? If you think it is not correct information I have one I will gladly sell you for $2000. The post was for those looking for a REAL review.
lightbulb
Nice response. I'll bet your ton's of help.
progress.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.