Whats the best made brass today in order

I hope the norma 375 weatherby brass I just bought is good to make 416 rem mag out of should be .I use to get bulk rem 416 brass and alot of them were damaged so bad you couldn't reload them.The brass was also so soft in tje 416 rem brass I could bend it with my fingers .I have a whole case of 500 rem 338 win mag brass that's so soft I can't use flat based bullets in it .I can't find and 338 win brass so I am necking up 7 mm rem mag brass .The norma brass of past years was some of the best brass I ever used .I have a bunch of 416 weathetby norma brass you can run it over with a truck won't bend it .Starline brass has been awesome in pistol brass ihave not tried the rifle stuff yet .I have some federal 308 brass that will not size or take primers it's super weird has blue ink on the primers .I split tons of 264 win mag brass it's been the worse of anything .
ya as taylor said, they likely have a crimp
there is a good chance that 308 or 223/556 brass was crimped unless it had been bought new.

I'm old, so some of my best brass has been Winchester white/yellow boxes, white box 100 count, blue/white bag. Any of the brass stamped 'ww-super' prior to the 90's.
Have not had any ADG, Alpha or Peterson, have to import it and it is a PITA. I had many Herters cases back in the day for 222, it was tossed on the 6th time it needed trimming, brass was fine other than that.
Now, my list goes like this:
Lapua
RWS
Winchester (old stock)
Remington
Hornady
Brass I will not touch is Federal, PPU and old PMC. The latter 2 I have had head separation with without a cause, both times 6.5x55AI cases after 2 firings…

Cheers.
Yellow Winchester boxes with the big red W -- there's something I left out. Tough brass, very consistent. I have about ten boxes from that era 284 Win and 222 Rem each. Along with my Norma brass from the 70's, I feel very fortunate to have obtained them.

Interesting, I like Peterson brass and it generally gets great reviews. You can find someone unhappy with anything if you look hard enough. I know a gunsmith that hates and nags adg but it also seems like good stuff to me and is about the only decent option available for 7 saum.

Recent Posts