Whats the best made brass today in order

dgr416

I noticed that alot of the brass made today is no where as good as older brass from 20 years back I have had terrible luck with Hornady and federal brass from not sizing or taking primers. I have had good luck with norma and starline brasspua .Remington and Winchester brass has been hit or miss. I have some old 1970s norma brass for my 6.5 jap I wonder if it will ever wear out .I have loaded some 17 times .I have only gotten 3 loads with Remington and Winchester brass these days .I got zero reloads with alot of Hornady and federal brass .I have not used lapua brass heard its the best of all .

Lapua, Peterson, adg, alpha munitions I've had great luck with. Haven't used much other manufacturers other than for plinking rounds, other than years ago until I discovered what good brass was, did try some Hornady 6.5 saum/Gap brass that was pretty disappointing in terms of life until I found some adg in stock.

Lapua, Peterson, ADG.
Hope this helps. 👍
And I'd add,.. NORMA Brass, to that, List !
My 6.5 Creed.,rifle, CAN'T tell,.. the Diff between, Lapua and Peterson brass,.. so far.
Good ole', Norma, works real "Well",.. in my 6 XC !
ADG Brass works, FINE, in my Grandson's, 6.5 PRC and, Son's,.. 7 PRC !
We all, Be,. super Happy with, THESE 4 !!

Last edited:
And I'd add,.. NORMA Brass, to that, List !
My 6.5 Creed.,rifle, CAN'T tell,.. the Diff between, Lapua and Peterson brass,.. so far.
Good ole', Norma, works real "Well",.. in my 6 XC !
ADG Brass works, FINE, in my Grandson's, 6.5 PRC and, Son's,.. 7 PRC !
We all, Be,. super Happy with, THESE 4 !!
I like Norma, I have a handful of Weatherbys, they were Norma.
I guess other manufacturers are making it also. And I have been using it in my Win.mags, 7 and 264.😁

^^^^^^^^^
This "What is the BEST" will give you just a few and what the shooters really like.
It comes down to
Lapua
Alpha
Peterson
Nosler
Norma

Not in that order.
We prefer Lapua and when we can't get it for the cartridge we shoot because Lapua does not make it then:
Alpha , Peterson, or Nosler

If you look to purchase Lapua - GOOD LUCK as Lapua is suspending several cartridges due to government contracts and they are suppling the contracts first.
We were lucky to purchase some new Alpha OCD in Dasher about a month ago from a LRH member. GREAT Buy the Dashers came with a MDT Box which was probably $10.00. This LRH Seller was GREAT. Trying to find his/her LRH name to give recognition.
Try to get Lapua 6mm BR at this time???? We gifted several boxes this past year and now can't get any to restock.