New to me 6.5 Creedmoor

Lol.....don't you want to shoot the match 140s
Oh, well because they're a match bullet, I mean, see my questions asking about their performance a few spots up. If I can be convinced that they'll reliably do their job then I'd have no problem, but I'd assume that Hornady didn't go about the process of making an X and an M separately if the M is just as good as the X on game all for fun.

Oh, well because they're a match bullet, I mean, see my questions asking about their performance a few spots up. If I can be convinced that they'll reliably do their job then I'd have no problem, but I'd assume that Hornady didn't go about the process of making an X and an M separately if the M is just as good as the X on game all for fun.
It's called MARKETING....let me assure you that the Ms perform every bit as good as all the rest. Shooting 208m 30 cal 300 Weatherby those shells leave craters 11/16" deep by 3/4 wide in steel plate at 300 yards. I use them in 6.5, 270, .300 win, 300 Weatherby, and 338 lapua..although I find the 300 SMK shoot a better group in 338 than the matched or X. Just me. There are also 6 dead bears taken in the past year with 6.5 143s....that can attest to the killing efficiency! Don't worry....give them a try

So my wife just bought me a slightly used Nosler M48 Liberty (I think, my research tells me that's what it is) in 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'm part of that crowd now. My questions are what bullet should I shoot out of this thing? I bought brass already(200 pieces),I have primers, pretty sure I have a powder that will work. I just can't decide what bullet to use or where the hell to find them at. I haven't picked up a scope for it yet but I'll be ordering a Leupold VX-5 3-15x44 as soon as Leupold makes one, so I have time to decide and scour the internet looking for bullets to shoot. Thanks for your replies.

HORNADY 140 ELD Match ,or Berger 140 VLD or Sierra MK 142 HPBT are all goid choices.H4350 ,RL- 16 or RL-26 or Superformance all work real well.Just start shooting and see which fit your barrel.I suggest a little stro ger scope if shooting past 600 yards. Good Luck and Congratulations

Berger Hunting VLD's used to be marketed as Target Bullets too. Nothing changed but the name.

Last edited:
You haven't had any issues with them not doing their job? I was just hesitant with it being a match bullet, seems like lots of guys are using them though.
Nathan fosters terminal ballistic studies showed it to be an excellent long range bullet in 6.5x55. The key is long range. The jacket is thinner than the eldx. At close range just avoid bone contact.

Hello good people, just to try if the bullet weight works for you, been shooting the 130 Sierra Game changer, with 43 gr. H 4350 . This load shoots awsome in the three rifles I have one for hunting one for down the paper punching, one for just having in the truck. O a l is just a touch over book at 2.80. It may sound strange but one rifle shoots this round and the 140 game king by Sierra very good .

So my wife just bought me a slightly used Nosler M48 Liberty (I think, my research tells me that's what it is) in 6.5 Creedmoor, so I'm part of that crowd now. My questions are what bullet should I shoot out of this thing? I bought brass already(200 pieces),I have primers, pretty sure I have a powder that will work. I just can't decide what bullet to use or where the hell to find them at. I haven't picked up a scope for it yet but I'll be ordering a Leupold VX-5 3-15x44 as soon as Leupold makes one, so I have time to decide and scour the internet looking for bullets to shoot. Thanks for your replies.
I have 8 or 9 hundred 143 eldx that we are not going to use all the same lot I would be willing to part with. normal pricing no gouging but I will only sell them all not some. I'm not sure how you would get ahold of me if you are interested

I have 8 or 9 hundred 143 eldx that we are not going to use all the same lot I would be willing to part with. normal pricing no gouging but I will only sell them all not some. I'm not sure how you would get ahold of me if you are interested
I sent you a private message.

What 140s are you shooting? That's the range I was looking at. There's a store near me that has some 140gr ELD-Ms in stock but I didn't really want to shoot a match bullet.
Hogs really don't care if it's a "match" bullet. ELD-M's work great on hogs, and accurate. I've been able to use pretty much the same load with the 140 Bergers.

Recent Posts