6.5 Creedmoor seems to fast?

I was shooting west to east. I just tried giving shooter an altitude and pressure from my range along with the temp and tried my velocity calibration again and it gives me a muzzle velocity of 2960 and lines up with the verified drops. THIS seems much more in line to me. If all is well Shooter gives around 1950fps with 1340lbs of energy at 1k. But giving it the correct pressure only and the insane muzzle velocity still has me a little confused. Again guys thank you for all the input it got me searching. I just want things to be correct when I get a long bomb this fall.

You enter actual altitude as the reference value on the Baro page. Then let the meter stabilize. Then carry over the barometric pressure to the "altitude " page. Then you are good to go until the weather changes. It does seem a PIA.

So I need to get my altitude ref set in my baro screen and I should be good to go?

West mine goes crazy if I do that and gives me a 30.0 baro and 6000ft altitude that is way off of actual numbers. But I think I got shooter running with my data now. Thank you

Just read the handbook and write the folks at Kestrel if you need help. You should get both values to display properly.

Its just like adjusting the altimeter in the cockpit so that the elevation reads correct to the current barometric pressure. Which is why one is listening to the weather report before taking off and before landing again...

I was shooting west to east. I just tried giving shooter an altitude and pressure from my range along with the temp and tried my velocity calibration again and it gives me a muzzle velocity of 2960 and lines up with the verified drops. THIS seems much more in line to me. If all is well Shooter gives around 1950fps with 1340lbs of energy at 1k. But giving it the correct pressure only and the insane muzzle velocity still has me a little confused. Again guys thank you for all the input it got me searching. I just want things to be correct when I get a long bomb this fall.

Your drops are already going to be a little high out there shooting that direction. Maybe not enough to account for as much as you were looking at. Even a 1/4 MOA adds up putting rounds down range that far. Basically after leaving the muzzle and getting into free air that target is coming at the bullet (Think earths rotation). The time in flight is going to be a little shorter and you will strike higher than normal. Keep in mind when you start to go long at say North to South your current data may have you coming in a little low. Like I said not a lot perhaps but enough to think about if you are bored. gun)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX7dcl_ERNs]Demonstrating how Coriolis effects bullet drop at 1000 yards - YouTube[/ame]

PHP:
You have to set your reference Alt at 0 in the kestrel to get a corrected pressure mine is good to go. Theses tools have always worked for me with my other rifles. I guess what I am saying is this is not my first rodeo. I just cant see that speed from a Creedmoor. Your Iphone has velocity calibration within the shooter program and you can get to it from the drop table page. It brings up a separate menu were you put in your distance and the drop used to obtain hits and recalculates your muzzle velocity to match your drops.I have the kestrel 2500 nv

Thanks found it .

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.