New 30/375 wildcat

I checked the case capacity today and it will be right at 95 grains. Just a tad behind the Dakota. The way this one is throated, it may well be equal as far as useable capacity goes....Rich

Re: Photo 300 WSM _ 30/375 S.I. _ 300 RUM

Here's a photo of elkaholic's new 30/375 Wildcat cartridge, prepared for fire forming, however the case body and shoulder have not yet been blown out to final chamber dimension in this photo. The 30/375 S.I. is the middle cartridge with the tipped bullet. The cartridge to the left is the 300 WSM. The cartridge to the right is the 300 RUM.

300WSM_30-375SI_300RUM.jpg

Re: Photo 300 Sherman _ 30/375 S.I. _ 6.5 Sherman

Below is a photo comparing three of elkaholic's wildcat cartridges. From left to right: 300 Sherman _ 30/375 S.I. _ 6.5 Sherman. Posting these photos for elkaholic. Again the 30/375 S.I. has not yet been blown out by fire forming to final chamber dimensions.

300Sherman_30-375SI_65Sherman.jpg

MNM,
I added the information on the cartridges for the first picture to my post. However any additional detail on the Sherman wildcats will have to be posted by elkaholic.

What are the other cartriges for reference in the pic?

The 6.5 and 300 Sherman cartridges are formed from .270 or .280 cases. They are very similar to the new 30/375 with the difference of course being .470" head vs .530". The 6.5 and 300 Sherman are identical except for neck diameter. The 300 holds about 77 grains and the 6.5 about 76. The 30/375 S.I. will hold 95.........Rich

I'm going from a 280ai to the 7lrm. Same as what you built but in 7mm and a 30deg shoulder.so I like what your doing.

I'm going from a 280ai to the 7lrm. Same as what you built but in 7mm and a 30deg shoulder.so I like what your doing.

Ya, I taked to one of the guys there when I was tring to buy their brass. It's very similar to my case, only as you said, it has a 30 degree shoulder and they didn't blow the taper out. I think their neck is around .330" as well. Should be a screamer!.......Rich

Hi Tank.........The reamer should be available next month. I have a Greybull stock at BAT to modify slightly when the action is ready in a week or two. I think it still has to go to Kendrick for the melonite treatment. My scope and rings will be here next week (Sightron SIII 8-32x56 moa2) Seekins mounts. Long Wyatt box is ordered from BAT. I have the dies for forming the brass up to the fireforming stage and the Hornady customs should be ready in a month. I already have a Jewell trigger. I will be ordering a 4 port Muscle break from Cowboy. The 28", 4 groove, Kreiger barrel should be ready by the end of Feb. I still need to pick up some BDL bottom metal, but my smith may have that. I have a reserved date with the smith for early March for assembly and should be breaking in the barrel shortly after to be sent in for melonite if all goes well! So far so good. Whew! I will spend some time this winter making some bullets so I'll be ahead of the game there. Will probably make some 218 gr. SXR's with Sierra jackets and some 205 gr. SXR J4's as well as some 225-230 gr. SXR's in J4. The rifle will be throated for the longer bullets and the long Wyatt will give me room to spare. I still think I can make 3000' with the 218's. I MAY try to bed the action in the stock before I have the barrel installed? Not sure about that yet as I've never done that before. I don't see why you couldn't as long as you weren't bedding the first couple inches of barrel. Any thoughts on that?
Anyway, that's the progress and the plan....Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.