270 wildcat from 375 Ruger

Works4ammo

Greetings,

I have been talking to PTG and Kevin Weaver from Weaver rifles about creating a 270 wildcat from the 375 Ruger case, or even just necking down the 7mm LRM.
Upon researching online, I came across a thread from 2012 in these forums posted by a member whom had the same idea.
Does anyone know if he or anyone else has done it? I don't want to copy someone, and spend more money than needed.

Thanks

Greetings,

I have been talking to PTG and Kevin Weaver from Weaver rifles about creating a 270 wildcat from the 375 Ruger case, or even just necking down the 7mm LRM.
Upon researching online, I came across a thread from 2012 in these forums posted by a member whom had the same idea.
Does anyone know if he or anyone else has done it? I don't want to copy someone, and spend more money than needed.

Thanks

Welcome to LRH and enjoy! Don't let that stop you from building what you want, there are wildcatters here (and non-LRH members) that never post any of their works online.

Good luck!

I shot out two barrels on a 270 Allen Magnum (270-300 RUM Improved) and strongly support your idea.

Based on a bit of a smaller case such as the 375 Ruger or 338 RUM it would be sweet.

The 7-300 WinMag is a sweet shooter AND the 270-300 WinMag is gaining traction.

I'd go for it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.