.277 Ruger wildcat

Sounds very impressive elkaholic. I looked at a lot of wildcats but never came across the Sherman. I decided to see what I could get done with a regular 270 win case. I have been reading the posts on the Sherman now looks bonafide for sure. I originally though of doing a 270-300WM but decided to wait. The rifle I built was something I've always wanted do since I was a kid and never had the money to do so. I know I'm a little late in the game to what is being experimented now but I'm very happy with the results so far. This one I'll keep.

What would be your opinion on building a 270 STW?

I guess it depends on what your goal is? There is no question you will get plenty of velocity but the barrel life would be slightly less than a 7STW; whatever that is? Personally, I would probably just go with the 7 because you have bullets up to 195 grains. You could better utilize the capacity of the STW case with the very heavy for bore bullets. If you just want the fun factor of the .270, there is nothing wrong with that.....Rich

I guess it depends on what your goal is? There is no question you will get plenty of velocity but the barrel life would be slightly less than a 7STW; whatever that is? Personally, I would probably just go with the 7 because you have bullets up to 195 grains. You could better utilize the capacity of the STW case with the very heavy for bore bullets. If you just want the fun factor of the .270, there is nothing wrong with that.....Rich

Quick bit of info Rich, you can get 7mm up to 226gr:D just not mass production like the big names gun):)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts