Need some names and addvise?

PaulB.

Okay I am looking to build a new rifle. I am in the process of putting together a 6.5x284 on a stevens 200. I am on a budget of about 500 for the scope is what i am looking to spend a lil bit over aint going to hurt anything. I know thats not much but it is a budget build. I am also wanting some addvise on cheap but effective bases n rings. I would like a scope that could maybe shoot out to 1k but prob wont get a chance right now. Right now i usually shoot out to about 700 at the most, but would like to go more sooner or later. Links n personal opions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
PaulB.

P.S. And i would like a multipower as well.

Bushnell 4200 Tactical, great scope or Vortex Viper, many great reviews.
EGW makes a great 20 MOA or 0 MOA base for $40. Weaver has some Tactical six screw rings for around $40 also

+ 1 on EGW 20 moa base, i ordered from them for my savage, fantastic customer service, i told them i had a problem with one of my base screws being too long and was still deciding on a 20 moa base, they mailed me the correct screws before i even actually ordered a base from them, not a least bit of pressure of ordering anything, and i didnt even ask for screws they just offered and were in my mail box in a few days.
Im looking at a new scope now because (edit: i have sense rechambered my rifle, and want to do some extreme target range) i need more elevation adjustment, I am planning on the Sightron SIII LR real soon 100moa.
Ill have to get new rings because its 30mm, Im going to get burris signature zee, no lapping required and will not mar scope, hold tight, bonus 20 moa inserts.
Just my 2 cents, I have never actually used the rings or scope, but everybody swears by the burris rings for $45.00

Last edited:
Bases and rings- Burris double dovetail and signature rings with inserts. Can get 20 MOA out of them. Rock solid and both will easily be well under $100

Scope- spend the money on the optics 6-24 Sightron S3 LR (100 MOA, super clear optics and good cliks on turrets) from Larry Scott at 6mmbr.com ($740)

You will want minimum of 4-14x with minimum of 50 MOA elevation. Keep those considerations in mind when looking.

Keep an eye out for a good used. Classifieds on BR central, Varmint Den, LR Hunting, Snipers Hide, Ebay, 6mmbr.com etc. Also check with Bob White at Shooters Corner in NJ (Go to BR central, home page look unde "Complete Rifles", then clik on Shooters Corner. He has a ton of used reloading equip, optics and rifles for sale)

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.