Need some help...

Check that the recoil lug hasn't rotated, did the action screws come out easily?
A local hunting rancher brought me a Remington 700 that is rented to hunters.
It had been dropped from a tree stand, he took it to 4 gunsmiths and could not get it to shoot correctly.
It had always been a .5 moa .308. I took it apart and noticed the action screws came out with lots of drag. The recoil lug had rotated about 5 degrees, realigned it and it was a shooter again. Stuff happens....

Have you thought at looking at your barrell and the stock for damage. If a horse w/its weight fell on it as hard as you think, the stock and/or the barrell could be damaged.
This was a concern - especially since the barrel and stock are carbon fiber. Barrel seems fine and in line with the reciever. No damage that I can see to the stock.

The DNZ rings are good rings, the one pieces included. Just because you can't move the rings doesn't mean they are junk, it simply means you can't move the rings, the spacing on them is fine for the vast majority of scopes. The 1 pieces like what you have are strong as well, but a horse fell on it....hopefully everything comes back squared away!!

It looks like all the concerns are voiced and the horse is okay.
I have used DnZ rings, I was not thrilled with them, they were going on a gun about to be put up for auction so I never got to truly test the rings out. About 8 months later I was putting a scope on with all consumer supplied equipment, DnZ rings. I got to go out and shoot and play a bit. the rings are okay, they do not like heavy recoil (375 Ruger). they certainly did not like anything about the rifle, the screws failed, all of them. the rings stripped out and the screws mounting the rings all stretched or broke.
Lesson learned, 8-40's for receiver to base/ring base, steel mounting hardware on heavy kicking guns.

On my way out from elk hunting, my horse slipped and fell into the mountain on the right side where my scabbard and gun was. I just took my gun out to the range Saturday and after shooting a couple shots that didnt even land on the 4ft zero plate at the range, noticed my scope was facing down and to the left, causing me to shoot several feet to the right and high. I noticed my rear ring has been tweaked on the rail and is sitting crooked.

So, here is my set up:

Christensen Arms BA Tactical (so it has the integrated 20 moa rail.

DNZ Game Reaper 2 piece 30mm rings (first time ever using these)

Vortex PST Gen 2 5-25x50 FFP

I just tore everything apart today, reset the rings, and it looks ok, maybe still a little tweaked. Just wondering if you guys think I should get new rings? Maybe send them back to DNZ and see if they will check them out. Maybe send my scope back to vortex to check it out - it doesnt look messed up, but who knows, the horse slammed it into the mountain pretty hard. It would be nice not to have to get everything together and then have to tear it all apart. Are these DnZ rings garbage? I think I paid like $120 for them.

Before I even think about rings and mounts, I'd send the scope to Vortex and gave them check it out. As for the rings and mounts, I'm a die hard Leupold mounts kinda guy. They've never failed me, but then I've never had a wreck with a horse that fell on the rifle. My wreck was the bank on a mountain lake gave way and horse and I tumbled into the water. My only casualty was water in by binos and a bruised dignity.

Thank God your horse is OK. Rifles Scopes and rings can be replaced. All of the equipment you are running is guaranteed by the manufacturer. Figure out which is off and send back.
Give your horse an extra sugar cube and thank him for not hurting you or letting you down.

I am going to add a bit this story. Three years ago on a elk hunt in Eastern Oregon, I fell on a steep hillside. The only thing between me and a really bad fall was my Ruger M77 II 300 Win Mag. ( I know, Rugers don't shoot worth ****, this lovely lady has been in my hands for over 20 yrs, she shoots .3 moa with my handloads all day) First I was scared, could not believe what I had just been through. I have been in this same area numerous times and never had a problem. Then I THANKED MY LUCKY STARS, I only tumbled head over one time and used the rifle to break my fall.
When I collected my senses I looked my rifle over, (even before I worried about myself). Rifle looked fine, I was bleeding due to a few good gashes on my face and forehead. I wiped the blood away and didn't worry about it.
Then it dawned on me that I had probably really knocked my rifle out, took three shots at a rock about 100 yds out and was hitting three foot away. Hunt was over with that rifle. Luckily I always bring an extra two or three.
When I home and shot at the range I could not get it to shoot. Took the scope off and took it to Leupold to have them check it. They came back with I had broke the scopes sights, they replaced with a brand new one and wished me the best of luck on future hunts.
Moral being most of the reputable brands will stand behind their product. I know all of the companies you mentioned will do it, hands down.
Best wishes on future hunts.

So I just heard back from DNZ - the rings are tweaked. They offered to sale me some new freedom reaper rings for $60 - I guess they are normally $120. What would y'all do? Just cut your losses and buy some seekins or something, or pay the $60 and keep using DNZ?

I would buy the DNZ with customer service like that! I personally think with the way you explained what happened just about any rings would have failed.
I have yet to see any rings designed that would take the abuse of a horse falling on them.

I would be curious to know if anyone had a similar experience with rings getting damaged, and the manufacture replacing them for free.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.