Need some advice

jbo829

Hello all I currently run a nightforce SHV 5-20x56 illuminated reticle and I'm just a deer hunter longest shot I can take on my land is 650yd and was wondering about selling the scope to buy a lighter scope still want about the same magnification since I use the scope as Binos as well
What would be a good hunting scope don't matter if I have to dial or hold over or should I just stick with my current scope

Attachments

• B73788E1-1FB0-460F-BA73-AE5459775069.jpeg
    B73788E1-1FB0-460F-BA73-AE5459775069.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 218
10-4 I'll look into them this weekend thing is heavy and for reason of me selling it I haven't even set the zero set

Another good option if you can find is the bushnell lrhs maybe lrts if you can't find the hs but probably a little less useful reticle and a tad heavier.

Huntsman I appreciate the advice bud I'm 24 years old I work scaffold so no work out need I hunt my farm of 164 acres don't like hunting house and use a self climb tree stand to hunt I also hunt the mountains so I walk a lot but shooting off hand with a 12lb+ gun gets old I don't own binos because I don't like them if I do hunt Woods I have an ar with a 1-6 scope that covers my 50 yard shoots

Rich I do have a few traspassers that have stole trail cams and destroyed my only hunting house I did have

24 years old, and no frigging clue..... didn't someone, ANYONE, teach you that you don't point a rifle at anything you don't want to kill/destroy? It don't fugging matter if you're on your own place, or the chamber is empty. You DON'T point/sweep a firearm of any kind, to 'look' for those wily ol' deers. If I was as clueless as you(and I was a kid once....), I'd dang sure learn to LOVE binocs, just to keep from being a dumbchit. And as to saving weight on your 34 ounce scope, you could shed an ounce by dumping the sunshade. And the suggested vx5 only weighs 9 ounces less, and the LRHS is only 6 ounces lighter than what you got. No way you are getting much lighter and keeping the power range. ob. diameter with anything comparable.

24 years old, and no frigging clue..... didn't someone, ANYONE, teach you that you don't point a rifle at anything you don't want to kill/destroy? It don't fugging matter if you're on your own place, or the chamber is empty. You DON'T point/sweep a firearm of any kind, to 'look' for those wily ol' deers. If I was as clueless as you(and I was a kid once....), I'd dang sure learn to LOVE binocs, just to keep from being a dumbchit.
Totally agree, at my local range a young gunsmith ended up discharging a rifle he was working on. Went through the trailer wall and killed a guy that just got out his truck and started walking to the trailer to pay for a lane.

24 years old, and no frigging clue..... didn't someone, ANYONE, teach you that you don't point a rifle at anything you don't want to kill/destroy? It don't fugging matter if you're on your own place, or the chamber is empty. You DON'T point/sweep a firearm of any kind, to 'look' for those wily ol' deers. If I was as clueless as you(and I was a kid once....), I'd dang sure learn to LOVE binocs, just to keep from being a dumbchit. And as to saving weight on your 34 ounce scope, you could shed an ounce by dumping the sunshade. And the suggested vx5 only weighs 9 ounces less, and the LRHS is only 6 ounces lighter than what you got. No way you are getting much lighter and keeping the power range. ob. diameter with anything comparable.
That escalated quickly.

I personally have pointed guns at all sorts of chit I didn't intend to shoot..... and then didn't shoot it.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.