Did some homework still need advice..

rugersmygun

I just bought my first precision rifle a Rem 700 5R 20" and need a little help with glass. Here's my situation I am just getting started I will shoot mostly for fun and maybe a local comp (nothing serious) I have a Weaver Grand Slam 6-20x40mm but the crosshair is so fine its hard to see at longer ranges I can send it back and have the reticle changed but it will cost $100+ or I could sell it and get a better scope this is the second part of my situation. If I sell it I would be looking for a non-illuminated scope that works for what I want and my budget would be around $600-$700...Thanks for all the suggestions in advance

I bought a cheap scope and it's working great. I have a 700 5R .308 w/ 24" barrel and a cheap Konus M-30 8.5-32x52 with an EGW HD aluminum 20MOA base and and TPS HD Aluminum low rings. I'm shooting lights out, surprisingly, with a $350 scope.

Just food for thought...Occasionally you do get more than you pay for.

Get rid of the weaver and get the best scope that you can afford. With your budget I'd look for a quality 2nd hand one.

The Grand Slam is a good scope. I would send it in and save the extra money for more ammo/reloading supplies.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.