Need Your Advice

eferry

I have a 300 ultra mag. I have a Leupold VX3 4.5 - 14 x 50 with M1 Turrets on order @ the Leupold custom shop...With that being said, should I have paid the extra $ and purchased a 4.5 - 14 x 50LR instead???

90% on my shooting and hunting will be done withing 500 yards.
I like having the ability to get out to 1000 yards whenever I have a chance, but it going to be rare.

Is the LR worth it? I would like your feedback.
progress.gif

I have a 300 ultra mag. I have a Leupold VX3 4.5 - 14 x 50 with M1 Turrets on order @ the Leupold custom shop...With that being said, should I have paid the extra $ and purchased a 4.5 - 14 x 50LR instead???

90% on my shooting and hunting will be done withing 500 yards.
I like having the ability to get out to 1000 yards whenever I have a chance, but it going to be rare.

Is the LR worth it? I would like your feedback.
progress.gif

The LR has some features that I like over the regular models. I like the 30mm tube because it is stronger and allows the scope to be a little shorter because of larger lens in the tube. Also I
realy like the side focus in stead of the front focus.

The shorter the scope the less you have hanging out in front.

The down side is that it moves the objective lens closer to the receiver and may come in contact with barrel shank without going to higher rings.

The 4.5x14x50 VX3 LR or the MK4 in the same configuration is my favorite scope.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.