my newest steel blaster

vegas steve

put this one together to give my 7 mag a break on steel and yotes.bluprinted 700 long action,timney trigger,hart 10 twist chambered in 30-06,schuler 3 port,egw base,vortex pst,mdt hs3 chassis with luth ar skullaton buttstock with a morgan buttplate and cheekpiece graphed on,sinclair tactical bipod. this thing is a laser with h4895 and 155 tmk's,it gave a 3 shot group laying prone at 200 that measured .093!still light enough to carry at 14lbs with a harris and sling.the hs3 is a great chassis for the dollar spent.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 99
this is also my first vortex scope,i must say it offers alot of features for 750.00.decent glass too.i may just have to buy another one soon

well the new load i worked up functioned great but didnt group very well so back to the drawing board.this barrel just does not like alliant powders at all.

Ive owned a few different chassis,mcree g7,xlr evolution,whiskey 3,mdt lss xl,and the mdt hs3 is by far the best to date.very comfy,good trigger reach,and pretty light.the mcree was rock solid but all the sharp corners seem to dig into me while carrying the gun on my back with a sling,plus its very heavy.the hs3 has no sharp edges to poke ur back and makes for a reasonable carry weight

Ive owned a few different chassis,mcree g7,xlr evolution,whiskey 3,mdt lss xl,and the mdt hs3 is by far the best to date.very comfy,good trigger reach,and pretty light.the mcree was rock solid but all the sharp corners seem to dig into me while carrying the gun on my back with a sling,plus its very heavy.the hs3 has no sharp edges to poke ur back and makes for a reasonable carry weight

What did you think of the XLR?

The xlr was a nice chassis,good ergonomics,great looks.its not as light as the hs3 with a luth ar mba butstock,and i tht the forearm flexed a little too much per the given weight of the xlr.the hs3 is stiffer yet lighter

tried some varget with the 155 tmk's and it looks like i have another accurate load.a bit slower than h4895 but shoots very good and a bit easier on brass.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.