My newest build by SSG

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by blipelt, Oct 18, 2008.

1. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

specs.
    6X47Lapua

Lawton 7000 action
    jewell trigger 8oz.
    Bartlein 5R barrel 1:8
    B&C Medalist stock with adjustable cheek peice
    Night Force 5.5-22X56
    HS bottom metal
    Oversized bolt handle done by SSG
    bolt fluted(coated in the flutes)

the rifle weighs 16.8lbs. with a scope and bipod
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will post some range results as soon as I get a chance to break in the barrel.

Brent

2. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

Very nice Brent!!

3. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Nice looking rig!

4. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Neat looking rig in my favorite caliber. What bullet do you plan on using? What is your intended use hunting? F-class? Let us hear those results.

5. blipelt

I plan to use it for hunting deer, antelope and coyotes and as a loaner if somebody needs one for f-class. I know it will be heavy for walking, but I will have a light one(300wsm) for that if I can't hack it. I take my parents out who are in their mid seventies so the weight will help with the recoil for my mom. I am hoping to get a 115 Dtac's to work and it looks promising. I am still in the break in period. With deer season three weeks away here the ranges are all nuts. As soon as I get the development done I will post some results.

Thanks

Brent

6. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

That's a great rig. I especially like the stock. I plan to use that stock on my .308 build. I'm curious to know who's cheek piece did you use? do you have a website?

7. blipelt

280fan:

I will have to do some checking for you 308 nate was ordering a few and I just asked him to get one more. I will get back to you or maybe nate will chime in and tell you either way you will get the information. I love the B&C stocks but in the near future I will acquire a A5 just because I am trying to keep the same feel(scope, trigger, stock) on my rifles and I love the marble look they have.

Brent

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  8. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Brent - thanks for doing the leg work to find out about the cheek piece. I'll drop 308nate a PM.

9. blipelt

280:
    I talked with nate today and he said he would post the info.

I went out today and done some shooting at 410yds with a wind blowing from 6 to 11mph at 3 O'clock. The 115 Dtac's did well. I don't have it fine tuned but I would definately feel I am on the right track. I shot 10 rounds five with 41.2gr and 5 with 41.4gr and this is what I came up to.

[​IMG]

Now I know the weakest link in this setup is the nut behind the trigger.:D

The only bad thing is once you shoot at this AR400 a few times you can't see where you impact was a couple of rounds ago from the bullet splatter.

[​IMG]

this was my first three rounds I sent down and the barrel was clean.
    [​IMG]