Bartlein 5R barrel 1:8
B&C Medalist stock with adjustable cheek peice
Night Force 5.5-22X56
HS bottom metal
Oversized bolt handle done by SSG
bolt fluted(coated in the flutes)

the rifle weighs 16.8lbs. with a scope and bipod

10-16-08005.jpg

I will post some range results as soon as I get a chance to break in the barrel.

Brent

Neat looking rig in my favorite caliber. What bullet do you plan on using? What is your intended use hunting? F-class? Let us hear those results.

I plan to use it for hunting deer, antelope and coyotes and as a loaner if somebody needs one for f-class. I know it will be heavy for walking, but I will have a light one(300wsm) for that if I can't hack it. I take my parents out who are in their mid seventies so the weight will help with the recoil for my mom. I am hoping to get a 115 Dtac's to work and it looks promising. I am still in the break in period. With deer season three weeks away here the ranges are all nuts. As soon as I get the development done I will post some results.

Thanks

Brent

That's a great rig. I especially like the stock. I plan to use that stock on my .308 build. I'm curious to know who's cheek piece did you use? do you have a website?

280fan:

I will have to do some checking for you 308 nate was ordering a few and I just asked him to get one more. I will get back to you or maybe nate will chime in and tell you either way you will get the information. I love the B&C stocks but in the near future I will acquire a A5 just because I am trying to keep the same feel(scope, trigger, stock) on my rifles and I love the marble look they have.

Brent

Last edited:
280:
I talked with nate today and he said he would post the info.

I went out today and done some shooting at 410yds with a wind blowing from 6 to 11mph at 3 O'clock. The 115 Dtac's did well. I don't have it fine tuned but I would definately feel I am on the right track. I shot 10 rounds five with 41.2gr and 5 with 41.4gr and this is what I came up to.

S5001670.jpg

Now I know the weakest link in this setup is the nut behind the trigger.:D

The only bad thing is once you shoot at this AR400 a few times you can't see where you impact was a couple of rounds ago from the bullet splatter.

S5001669.jpg

this was my first three rounds I sent down and the barrel was clean.
S5001668.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.