my newest SSG gun

tjonh2001

this is a picture of my new 6.5x284 lapua. this will be my light deer rifle.
65284003.jpg

65284001.jpg

Sweet looking rig , I was discussing my next build with Nate today , can't wait to get started.

I hope the scope works out for ya.

Nice looking rig but, whats that behind the gun? Did you do some bullet testing on a watermelon?

:) What load are you using for the bunnies? We gotta do what gotta do to keep the significant others off our backs and outta our wallets.

hunting season

boy I think you should just let me use it, I have 12 of the 16 days off and finally got my buck tag after about five years. Besides that is probably your busy time of year.:D

i have a good wife

I have been lucky for the last 7 year to have the entire deer season off. so i get to hunt 16 straight days. that was until i got my wife pregnant. i guess we are due middle of the season. she is letting me go this year as long as i leave the airplane at the airport fueled and ready. when she calls i have to fly home for 3 days. then i get to go hunting again. unless i shoot my buck and i useually get 8-10does for long range fun...

Hmmmmmm, my wife said that in July as well. Come November, it was a different story! it was the only season i ever missed, and boy was it long....baby came in December. It was all worth it though.

deer season

boy work barely lets me off for the time I got. Two weeks without me what would they do?:p (Probably get more accomplished)
my baby is six and she can't wait for nate to build her a gun. In about a couple of weeks I will be getting my 6X47. Hopefully before deer season I will get my 7wsm light hunter. All depends on when I get my mcmillan. Then I can start planning the next one, maybe a 260AI or 280AI.

you have good taste

You have great taste. Nate has built my 7wsm,6.5x284,6x47lapua and he is waiting for my barrel for my 22-250AI or 22x47lapua. Just trying to deside on caliber.you won't be disapointed. I have guns done by other smiths. He good at what he does and a great guy to bs with.....

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.