My How Times Have Changed

You guys have very short memories, the shortages started while #DIPERDON was still in office. It has absolutely nothing to do with politics just SCUMBAG scammers snapping everything up for speculation. It's an easy fix just sit on your hands and do nothing and those of you who have accounts at Gunbroker and Brownells and other online dealers contact them and let them know that you will be deleting your accounts until they get there heads outa their asses and start shutting down the scammers, bet you'll see a drastic change REAL quick.
No thanks !!! I've been a customer of Midway, Brownells , and others since before internet sales. Back when your order was sent through the mail or over the phone. Not going to contribute to any dissent in their companies . They've always treated me fairly !! I'm confident that when their shelves and supply trucks get full again , they will adjust their prices.

I'm aware of that, but sticker shock while expected, didn't hit as hard as the availability.
Over that 25 years, you missed several other shortage times. It gotten to be a way of life now. It wouldn't be any fun if we didn't have the shortages. You about 3 behind now.
I did some of the same things, but I did get or added to my supplies over those years. Watch the prices go up, and the availability go down. It hasn't been real great for a good many years.
With Obama and now Biden and a couple of war thrown in has created a mess.
With that I will throw in my rating of 3 presidents:
The worst is: Biden, Obama next, and Carter bring up a close third.
Here the other day I got an email that some powder had came in. They gave me a phone number to call. Got in contact with them. I got 8lbs and didn't request a second 8lbs either. I didn't want to take additional powder, because I hope it left some for others. The prices was fair. Sure I would like to have another 8 lbs, to run out this new barrel, but I am not totally sure if that what I am going settle on for a loads for that rifle. I didn't want to hoard powder either. I thank her.
What I don't like is having to get 8 lbs or 16 lbs at one time to see if it's going to do what I want to do. I would rather get a couple of 1lbs to see if that going to work of me. Then buy a larger amount of powder to run the barrel life out. Sure might have to adjust the load some, but that okay.

Last edited:
Forget politics, the same thing happened in 2008 for those that remember. Hoarding was the cause. We just had the perfect storm of the pandemic, another dem voted in and the same old hoarding. Try to remember that the sky didn't fall then and it won't fall now.
Exactly, i remember a well known member of this very site telling me that he found a rural Pa dealer with primers at a very good price. He asked how many he had in total and was told about 50 thousand. He left the store with all of them supposedly bought for a guy who resold them at a good profit.
As for powder, i have a few one pound cans i saved from the late 60s with price tags less than $ 1.50 a pound.
In 1975 i bought a 20# keg of H870 at a store in Butte MT for 20 bucks.

Exactly, i remember a well known member of this very site telling me that he found a rural Pa dealer with primers at a very good price. He asked how many he had in total and was told about 50 thousand. He left the store with all of them supposedly bought for a guy who resold them at a good profit.
As for powder, i have a few one pound cans i saved from the late 60s with price tags less than $ 1.50 a pound.
In 1975 i bought a 20# keg of H870 at a store in Butte MT for 20 bucks.
I remember those days!

I buy 6 or so of the 3 pounders at a time normally. Three kids, I'd dip that stuff like copenhagen if it would get the caffeine into my bloodstream any faster.
But not a hold cart full piled up. Something like 20 to 30 cans of 3 lbs coffee. We get it in 2-3lbs can at a time. We go through about 1 can a month.

I. Still. Have. Boxes. Of Sierra. Pointed. Bullets In 270. And . 30. Cal. From about. 1980. When Service. Merchandising. Was. Still. In. Business ! Stickers. Still. Say 3.99. Snd 4.99 on a. Box of 50!! I. Just paid . 39.95. For a. Pound of IMR 4350 this past week!

I got 8 lbs of IMR 4473 order out today. We will how it stack up against H4350. Got 8lbs of H4831SC here the other day.
So some of the powders are kind of showing up. How much I don't know. I am not trying to make a pig of myself either. I never use the powder before, but I will see a little later on.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts